This just in: he is amazing.
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 06:06
    Originally posted by DrunkKash
    I watched the last 2 hours or so of the Open.. it really was amazing, especially when his knee is hurting him? did you see the shot from the bunker go in the hole in one bounce? Priceless..
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 11:482 edits
    Even by his standards, Tiger's back nine was legendary. ESPN just ran a "Tiger's Top Ten" shots in majors; the chip-in and the 70-foot putt for eagle made the list, and the 30-foot eagle on 18 did not because his approach shot was so good. Those putts combined for about twelve feet of break he had to read - no simple task. Cutting five strokes in a back nine is remarkable enough; doing it when you eagle twice, in a hundred feet of putts, after missing both fairways is ridiculous. And only made more so by doing it at the U.S. Open, where the rough is so tall there are still a few golfers missing after they went looking for their ball two years ago. Add to that Tiger's statement that he gets unpredictable shooting pain in his knee after shots, and his admission that his knee has gotten progressively worse this week, and his feat on the back nine yesterday was the stuff of legend. It was the kind of performance that, should he win today, people will be holding up to the light for many years to come as an example of courage, moxie, and singular will and ability in sports.

Tiger Woods is better and more dominant at his craft than any other athlete in history has been at theirs. Comparing athletes, eras, and sports is a difficult task, but consider this: Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are ranked #1 and #2 in the world. There is as much difference in points between Tiger and Phil as there is between Phil and the 171st-ranked golfer, Chris DeMarco. There's no one even close. Not even in the same solar system.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 18:10
    Originally posted by DrunkKash
    BWA represent!

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041203/041203_woods_vmed_7a.widec.jpg
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 18:36
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Even by his standards, Tiger's back nine was legendary. ESPN just ran a "Tiger's Top Ten" shots in majors; the chip-in and the 70-foot putt for eagle made the list, and the 30-foot eagle on 18 did not because his approach shot was so good. Those putts combined for about twelve feet of break he had to read - no simple task. Cutting five strokes in a b ...[text shortened]... ked golfer, Chris DeMarco. There's no one even close. Not even in the same solar system.
    You should get his number, take him out for a movie and some pizza in your pick-up and then take him up to lovers lane for a snog.

He's good. He's even amazing at times, but he's not a golf god like you make him out to be.
  6. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 21:33
    Is there a golf God?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 22:33
    I find golf a bit boring to watch at times to be honest and I only tune in for the majors, HOWEVER, Woods performance on the back nine yesterday was the most exciting golf i have ever witnessed.
    Golfing God? I dont know...but surely he is the best player ever to have played the game?
  8. Montreal, Canada
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 01:17
    Tiger's putt on the 72nd hole today was the stuff of legends.

L E G E N D A R Y
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    He's good. He's even amazing at times, but he's not a golf god like you make him out to be.
    I will fight you!!1!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 16:21
    He's good. He's even amazing at times, but he's not a golf god like you make him out to be.[/b]
    What would a golf god be like? They would get a hole in one on ever shot?
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 16:22
    Say what?

This must be one of those wind-ups like Red Night and his slights against the English football team. Either that or you need a lobotomy.
  12. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 18:31
    One thing - the guy could show a little class and clean up the language. He's acting like a real idiot today.
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 19:38
    Please, the guy is a great player and will go down in history as the best player of 'his era', but he doesn't dominate golf like the likes of Schumacher dominated F1.
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 19:39
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Is there a golf God?
    Yeah, he appears in an albatros shape.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:24
    Please, the guy is a great player and will go down in history as the best player of 'his era', but he doesn't dominate golf like the likes of Schumacher dominated F1.
    I am astounded by your boldness. Sure, Michael Schumacher was great but what does that have to with Tiger's ability on the golf course and how does this disprove his clear superiority over all other professional players in the field right now?

You sir are talking utter nonsense and I recommend you desist immediately or else we're gonna have to start calling you Roly Poly Sabbatini.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree