Tigers surging

Tigers surging

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

weedhopper

Moves
24 Jun 08

Hey hey hey! Detroit has marched into 3rd in their division. I knew those bats would come around.
Sadly, my beloved Padres have fallen back into the cellar. One year they were a playoff game from making the post-season; the next---here they are in dead dog last. What happened? I know it wasn't the loss of Wells--they released him before the end of LAST season.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
24 Jun 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I know it wasn't the loss of Wells--they released him before the end of LAST season.
Maybe that's why they fell apart at the end of LAST season. 🙄

M

Moves
25 Jun 08

Hi! Well after playing on here for a significant amount of time I can say I have learned one thing about my chess game ~ it sucks 😛

I do, however, love baseball, so I am very happy to have stumbled upon this forum.

Detroit is on a definate roll that doesnt show any signs of stopping. Dont give up on your padres though. True they are looking rather beaten, but they play in one of the worse divisions in baseball. They are truly just one hot streak away from a comeback =) I have to say, I'm not sure which is more disappointing...the numbers Peavy is putting up this year or the lack of numbers the batters are accumulating. However, still lots of baseball left, and truly anything can happen.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
25 Jun 08

Just keep looking up to my mighty Twinkies.

P

weedhopper

Moves
25 Jun 08

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
Maybe that's why they fell apart at the end of LAST season. 🙄
That WAS horrid wasn't it? Reminded me of the Cubs back in .. what, 1968 or so? When they folded so badly?

P

weedhopper

Moves
25 Jun 08

Originally posted by MMgirly
Hi! Well after playing on here for a significant amount of time I can say I have learned one thing about my chess game ~ it sucks 😛

I do, however, love baseball, so I am very happy to have stumbled upon this forum.

Detroit is on a definate roll that doesnt show any signs of stopping. Dont give up on your padres though. True they are looking rath ...[text shortened]... atters are accumulating. However, still lots of baseball left, and truly anything can happen.
I'm keepin' the faith, though the Padres keep finding novel ways to lose.

What are your favorite teams, MM?

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
25 Jun 08

Rockies. Pirates.

M

Moves
28 Jun 08

What are your favorite teams, MM?[/b]
Well, I have to admit, my pom poms are pinstriped! I am a Yankee loving girl, which normally doesnt make me too popular. Take your best shot, I know it hasnt been a stellar season for my boys so far, as always it comes down to lack of consistant pitching. I live in the middle of Red Sox Nation, so I'm used to the heckling. Although..do chess players heckle??? You all seem much more mild mannered them some baseball fans I'm used to =)

That being said...I would love to see the Cubs win it all this year! What a great story that would be, they are definately a sentimental favorite of mine.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
29 Jun 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
That WAS horrid wasn't it? Reminded me of the Cubs back in .. what, 1968 or so? When they folded so badly?
Don't ask me. I'm no Cubs fan. Probably no worse than the Mets last season, though.

P

weedhopper

Moves
02 Jul 08

Originally posted by MMgirly
Well, I have to admit, my pom poms are pinstriped! I am a Yankee loving girl, which normally doesnt make me too popular. Take your best shot, I know it hasnt been a stellar season for my boys so far, as always it comes down to lack of consistant pitching. I live in the middle of Red Sox Nation, so I'm used to the heckling. Although..do chess players heck ...[text shortened]... s year! What a great story that would be, they are definately a sentimental favorite of mine.
The Yanks will be there when it counts--in September.
I'd like the Cubs to get a shot as well. My brother's been a fan since 1968.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
03 Jul 08

The surging Tigers just lost 2 out 3 to the most beloved Minnesota Twins.