Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 04 May '08 16:40
    What a relief!
  2. 05 May '08 09:51
    We did our bit and contrived to lose... all in an attempt to send the Swillsborough pigs back to where they belong!

Unfortunately Norwich didn't turn up...
  3. 05 May '08 12:07
    Originally posted by blade68
    We did our bit and contrived to lose... all in an attempt to send the Swillsborough pigs back to where they belong!

Yeah right, I'm sure you lot meant to lose, in your dreams.
  4. 05 May '08 13:50

What dtermines whether one supports Wednesday or United?
  5. 05 May '08 14:08
    Originally posted by znsho
    What dtermines whether one supports Wednesday or United?
    Intelligence, good looks, and a knowledge of football would make you a Blade... a lack of intelligence, a face like Quasimodo, and no knowledge of anything are the qualities required to support the other lot...

Seriously... like most cities that have two sides, a lot depends on who your father supported, or which side of the city you're from.
  6. 05 May '08 16:31
    Intelligence, good looks, and a knowledge of football would make you a Blade... a lack of intelligence, a face like Quasimodo, and no knowledge of anything are the qualities required to support the other lot...

Seriously... like most cities that have two sides, a lot depends on who your father supported, or which side of the city you're from.
    Theory:

If England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland played as: United Kingdom (Best, Dalglish, Giggs - see what I mean?)

The World Cup would come to us, not Brazil.

Likewise, Sheffield City?
  7. Standard member Tirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    05 May '08 20:20
    Theory:

If England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland played as: United Kingdom (Best, Dalglish, Giggs - see what I mean?)

The World Cup would come to us, not Brazil.

Likewise, Sheffield City?
    wooo hoo Up The Saints 09..
    phew phew and phewph ...

lol Sheffield City.. you'll be asking for Mancsville Truly United and Liverpudding Town next

Good Effort Blades from the reports.. would love to have seen it.
  8. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    06 May '08 21:11
    once it was clear S'ton were up, and i could see how other results were going I became a Leics fan for the last 20 minutes of their game against Stoke.

1 goal would've been enough for Stoke to still go up auto, yet relegate Coventry - something that'd have made my season.

Ho hum.. Leics are just as bad as Cov, so not too disappointed at the final whistle.
  9. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    06 May '08 21:25
    Be nice to see leeds return next season i think they will win the league one play off to join my mighty swansea in the championship.
  10. 07 May '08 11:12
    Originally posted by rhb
    once it was clear S'ton were up, and i could see how other results were going I became a Leics fan for the last 20 minutes of their game against Stoke.

1 goal would've been enough for Stoke to still go up auto, yet relegate Coventry - something that'd have made my season.

Ho hum.. Leics are just as bad as Cov, so not too disappointed at the final whistle.
    I agree. Coventry were in tis equation all along, and they were VERY LUCKY not to go down. Leicester should have been awarded a penalty.
  11. Standard member JonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    08 May '08 13:46
    What a relief!
    Yes indeed - although the prospect of the return of Rupert Lowe doesn't give much reason to be cheerful.
  12. 08 May '08 15:04
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    Be nice to see leeds return next season i think they will win the league one play off to join my mighty swansea in the championship.
    love to see LEEDS back in the prem league- one day
  13. 08 May '08 15:44
    Originally posted by spurs73
    love to see LEEDS back in the prem league- one day
    ...one day... when hell freezes over would be too soon!

All together now... "We all hate L**ds, and L**ds and L**ds..."
  14. 08 May '08 16:15 / 1 edit
    ...one day... when hell freezes over would be too soon!

All together now... "We all hate L**ds, and L**ds and L**ds..."
    leaving aside your 'love'of leeds...and being serious... Leeds should be in the prem league and so should wendesday and Sheff Utd...

REMINDS ME OF MY SCHOOL DAYS :'(:'(
  15. 09 May '08 07:19
    Originally posted by spurs73
    leaving aside your 'love'of leeds...and being serious... Leeds should be in the prem league and so should wendesday and Sheff Utd...

REMINDS ME OF MY SCHOOL DAYS :'(:'(
    Spurs, you know I'll never agree to that!!