1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 20:21
    has beckham played for more than 10mins yet?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 20:22
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    Real Americans don't care.

😉

I understand he has not played much.

P-
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 20:27
    Yes, he has.

He accomplished that in the first game against Chelsea.

But, he has been injured a lot.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 20:42
    He has played bout 80 mins with a goal and a couple of assists. He got a new injury after colliding with another player while going for a 50/50 ball.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 08:50
    I think that America should introduce some protective clothing to 'soccer'... it makes perfect sense to me.
    😛
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 09:42
    yes, and i think when a player scores it should be worth 9points and when he scores from outside the area is should be 12points, and they should make the ball more oblong
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 09:49
    Maybe they could also allow players (other than the 'net-minder'😉 to pick it up too?

I think we're on to something here!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 12:00
    can you morons realize the difference in cultures and at least try to bash the all english people are insensitive twa.....ts stereotype by shutting up.

you guys call american sports boring and you created a game thats played over 5 days, 8 hours a day and with tea and lunch breaks.

not to mention the avg 4 runs an over.

us football - 3 hours a game with a lot of excitement
    baseball - 3 hours a game with a hell of a lot more going on than 3 hours of test cricket.
    ice hockey - 2 1/2 hours a game. one of the most exciting sports in the world. fast a lot of goals and fights. what more do you want from a sport?
    basketball - 2 1/2 hours a game. ok i find his game really boring but it is fast and high scoring.

americans are going to like their sports and the europeans will like theirs.

blade if you where born in the states you would be on the other side of the argument.

shut up you retard.
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 12:16
    Originally posted by trevor33
    us football - 3 hours a game with a lot of excitement
    baseball - 3 hours a game with a hell of a lot more going on than 3 hours of test cricket.
    ice hockey - 2 1/2 hours a game. one of the most exciting sports in the world. fast a lot of goals and fights. what more do you want from a sport?
    basketball - 2 1/2 hours a game. ok i find his game really boring but it is fast and high scoring.
    Test Cricket - 5 glorious days, filled with exciting and tactical play. Players need unbelievable concentration and stamina. It gets so bad, that they have to take a lunch and tea break.

CRICKET WINS! AGAIN!
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 13:041 edit
    Preach it, Trev!

Hockey is, by far, the most fun North American sport to watch live as well. The fast and furious pace. The intimate sounds of the game. The ambiance of the arena. The raucous crowds. It's like a slice of heaven.

Live American Football games can be hit and miss. I find you get more out of the game watching it at home on television.

Live basketball is great, especially in Toronto where everybody loooooves the Raptors.

Live baseball is fantastic although I can see why many would find it boring, if they're not interested in the finer points of the game.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 13:24

you guys call american sports boring and you created a game thats played over 5 days, 8 hours a day and with tea and lunch breaks.
    Five days sitting in the sun (sometimes), drinking beer in fancy dress.

Come on Trev, Cricket is the ultimate spectator sport.
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 14:20

blade if you where born in the states you would be on the other side of the argument.
    Obviously!

But isn't that what debates and arguments are all about?.... differing opinions?

How boring would the world be if I'd have said, " I appreciate the fact that Americans enjoy their sports as much as I enjoy ours, and their rules and regulations have no doubt been fine tuned over the years so that the viewing public attains as much joy as possible from watching them"

Bollox to that!

Call me bigoted, call me opinionated, call me a nationalist.... but don't call me a retard!
    I'm off to lick some windows...
  13. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 09:16
    Isn't Beckam that sitcom that Ted Dansen played in?
  14. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 13:31
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    Isn't Beckam that sitcom that Ted Dansen played in?
    Yeah, and I think that show was cancelled due to injury to Ted's career

😉
  15. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 14:28
    can you morons realize the difference in cultures and at least try to bash the all english people are insensitive twa.....ts stereotype by shutting up.

not to mention the avg 4 runs an over.

us football - 3 hours a ga ...[text shortened]... where born in the states you would be on the other side of the argument.

shut up you retard.
    how funny trev that you call our sports dull yet america got their sports from us

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree