1. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    1553
    26 Feb '07 21:45
    1. Clough
    2. Wenger
    3. Fergie
    4. Paisley
    5. Stein
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    1005
    26 Feb '07 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    1. Clough
    2. Wenger
    3. Fergie
    4. Paisley
    5. Stein
    Arsene Wenger is French for God's sake.
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    1553
    26 Feb '07 22:04
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Arsene Wenger is French for God's sake.
    Sorry I meant managers of British teams.
  4. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    1287
    26 Feb '07 22:35
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    1. Clough
    2. Wenger
    3. Fergie
    4. Paisley
    5. Stein
    replace Wenger for BILL NICHOLSON
  5. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    1553
    27 Feb '07 11:34
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    replace Wenger for BILL NICHOLSON
    A great manager in his era and gave his life to Spurs, but no.2?

    I think that he would find it difficult in todays world of egos.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    27 Feb '07 21:05
    Clough
    Clough
    Clough
    Bassett
    Warnock

    😛
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Joined
    09 Jan '05
    Moves
    24454
    27 Feb '07 21:15
    Alf Ramsey

    Alex Furgusson

    Lawrie McNenemy (tongue in cheek mems of '76)
  8. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    24586
    27 Feb '07 22:241 edit
    Seriously, look no further,

    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly

    "The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

    "A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." Bill Shankly


    THIS man set the foundation for what is Englands most sucessful football club. Too be omitted from the top 5 by all of the above posts shows intense lack of english footballing history.


    For shame all of you 😞
  9. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    1553
    28 Feb '07 10:15
    Originally posted by millerman
    Seriously, look no further,

    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly

    "The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

    "A lot of football success is in the mind. ...[text shortened]... ve posts shows intense lack of english footballing history.


    For shame all of you 😞
    A great post, but his trophy cabinet was not good enough for my top 5.


    Greatest inspirational managers

    1. Clough
    2. Shankly


    In terms of creating a spirit in a club, I take your point he was incredible. Liverpool are loved by many because of Shankly.
  10. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    1287
    28 Feb '07 19:51
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    A great post, but his trophy cabinet was not good enough for my top 5.


    Greatest inspirational managers

    1. Clough
    2. Shankly


    In terms of creating a spirit in a club, I take your point he was incredible. Liverpool are loved by many because of Shankly.
    what about Sir Mat Busby at man U in your list of inspirational managers and I think Martin O'Neil could make the short list as well?
  11. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    1287
    28 Feb '07 19:57
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan

    Lawrie McNenemy (tongue in cheek mems of '76)[/b]
    off the topic a bit... but i remember that team.... Osgood; Ball, Channon and little Bobby Stokes who scored the winner against United

    ..and Rodriges in goal!!
  12. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    211774
    28 Feb '07 20:38
    English managers

    1. Fry
    2. Clough
    3. Robson (bobby)
    4. Kinnear
    5. Revie
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    64027
    28 Feb '07 21:531 edit
    Shankly
    Paisley
    Clough
    Ferguson
    Busby

    All British managers of British clubs.

    Best foreign manager of a British club? Christian Gross 😀
  14. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    1553
    01 Mar '07 09:28
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    what about Sir Mat Busby at man U in your list of inspirational managers and I think Martin O'Neil could make the short list as well?
    Difference is that Busby inspired fans, Shankly inspired the whole club and fans.

    Busby hang around like a black cloud over the club for subsequent managers.
  15. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    1553
    01 Mar '07 09:29
    Originally posted by invigorate
    English managers

    1. Fry
    2. Clough
    3. Robson (bobby)
    4. Kinnear
    5. Revie
    Interesting.

    But Fry is a joke right?
Back to Top