1. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 09:40
    Starting today in Rotterdam. I will be watching the prologue locally, but I fear a lot of rain and thunder will influence the result.

Who do you think will win the prologue?
    And who will be first in Paris?
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:20
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Starting today in Rotterdam. I will be watching the prologue locally, but I fear a lot of rain and thunder will influence the result.

Who do you think will win the prologue?
    And who will be first in Paris?
    Have fun. Cancellara will win the prologue and Contador will win the tour.

I saw the starting times for today and Tony Martin is starting as one of the first, while most of the other top 5 favorites start in the last part of the list. I think we might see a huge discrepancy in finishing times due to the rain. It's a gamble from the team owners when you let your best riders start.
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:47
    Saw a lot of cyclists in real life today, at the 'grand depart'. Well, from a distance of 40 meters, but still fun...!
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 07:11
    I agree with Lundos the Contador will win the tour....he's just the best, most dominate grand tour cyclist now..like Lance in his heyday...At almost 39 and other activities to concern him he cannot dominate anymore.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 16:31
    Having that motor taken out of his bike, as well as better blood testing doesn't help matters either. 😀
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 14:17
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Having that motor taken out of his bike, as well as better blood testing doesn't help matters either. 😀
    🙄
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 14:20
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Have fun. Cancellara will win the prologue and Contador will win the tour.

I saw the starting times for today and Tony Martin is starting as one of the first, while most of the other top 5 favorites start in the last part of the list. I think we might see a huge discrepancy in finishing times due to the rain. It's a gamble from the team owners when you let your best riders start.
    how bold of you to pick the favorites 😉

would've agreed with you before the prologue though, only a crash can stop contador winning the tour. his team isn't the best this year but you'd still expect him to win easily.
  8. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 18:14
    Originally posted by trev33
    how bold of you to pick the favorites 😉

would've agreed with you before the prologue though, only a crash can stop contador winning the tour. his team isn't the best this year but you'd still expect him to win easily.
    Lol. The man asked a question and I answered. It isn't about picking anything. 😉

Funny how today's stage evolved. Saxo Bank won the yellow jersey and Andy Schleck took time from almost all the other favorites, and still the day is a loss since Frank Schleck crashed and is out of the race. 😕
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 04:23
    yeah...interesting stage. the main gc contenders made it through including schleck, cadel evans and contador. lance lost almost a minute on the contendors due to a puncture at a very bad time. i dont think he will make the time up and will be lucky be top 10 which still isnt too bad.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 20:51
    The next couple of days before the rest day should weed out some of the pretenders.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 00:02
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The next couple of days before the rest day should weed out some of the pretenders.
    wiggens for example.

and lance, can't forget lance, that looked painful. 7 times champion coming in over 6 minutes back. ouch. was never a huge fan of his but would be nice to see him come back and maybe win a stage in his last tour.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 00:313 edits
    wiggens for example.

and lance, can't forget lance, that looked painful. 7 times champion coming in over 6 minutes back. ouch. was never a huge fan of his but would be nice to see him come back and maybe win a stage in his last tour.
    Well, if this was a "bad day" for Wiggins rather than an indication of his current form, he still has a chance. I'm thinking it's still too early to write him off completely. He's still within 3 minutes of Evans with the biggest Alpine stage and all of the Pyrenees to go. Plus he can time trial. Tuesday should give us a better idea as to who the real contenders might be. As for Armstrong, it was closer to 12 minutes. Rather than go for a stage win, I'd rather he showed some maturity and just played a good domestique for Leipheimer. If you can't tell, I'm probably much less a fan of Armstrong than you 🙂

It was good to see Schleck do well. Couldn't help but have doubts with his showing at the Tour de Suisse.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 14:43
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Well, if this was a "bad day" for Wiggins rather than an indication of his current form, he still has a chance. I'm thinking it's still too early to write him off completely. He's still within 3 minutes of Evans with the biggest Alpine stage and all of the Pyrenees to go. Plus he can time trial. Tuesday should give us a better idea as to who the real cont ...[text shortened]... Schleck do well. Couldn't help but have doubts with his showing at the Tour de Suisse.
    nay, wiggins is out of it. that was supposed to be a stage suited to him yesterday and he couldn't even hold on to a group of 10 or so riders. didn't hear what his excuse was, probably the weather. like andy schleck his whole season was geared towards the tour, he has to look at something that just wasn't good enough. he was even poor in the prologue. very unlike brad.

very good tour this year so far, you would think schleck needs around 1 1/2-2 minutes up on contador going into the time trail, he might have missed a trick yesterday though, was a lot stronger than 10 seconds from contador.
  14. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 16:45
    he was even poor in the prologue. very unlike brad.
    The rest may be a fair comment, but on the prologue his team badly misguessed the weather, and he was riding in the worst conditions. That was easily enough to explain his performance there.
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 20:051 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Starting today in Rotterdam. I will be watching the prologue locally, but I fear a lot of drugs and steroids will influence the result.
    Fixed!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree