1. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 17:12
    The first few days of cycling were not that boring, as they usually are in the first week of de Tour de France. Still looking forward to the first mountain stages though!

Who do you think will be the winner in Paris? My guess is it will be Evans.
  2. Porthmadog
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 20:25
    I think it will be either Evans, Valverde or Menchov.

Great win for Cavendish today as well!
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 11:53
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Who do you think will be the winner in Paris? My guess is it will be Evans.
    I have no idea. Which of them has the best "doctor"?

Richard
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 15:45
    Any cyclist who is capable of climbing the mountain scene of my rating graph deserves the win!
  5. England
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 19:18
    1st positive drugs test. From stage 1 🙁
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 06:37
    stage 10 was really exciting...after evans hard fall in stage 9 and doing so well in 10 im rooting for evans..
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 15:02
    I just read an article stating a bunch of the riders had tested postive for drugs and are being re-tested.

Why do any of you even care about this junk tour anymore?
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 22:48
    Originally posted by uzless
    I just read an article stating a bunch of the riders had tested postive for drugs and are being re-tested.
    That one didn't hit the gossips yet. Sure it is not an old article?

By the way, as if drugs isn't being used in other sports. It seems only cycling gets the public blame.
  9. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 00:21

By the way, as if drugs isn't being used in other sports. It seems only cycling gets the public blame.
    Baseball.... congress? Did you miss that memo?
  10. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 17:05
    I wonder who will be the fourth one being banned for the Tour version of 3(b).
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 18:20

you're missing the point.

Forget the "usage" of drugs. I'm not talking about that specifically.

I'm talking about the fact that the sport doesn't allow drugs, and tests the riders very thoroughly, yet the riders insist on taking drugs anyway!! And then of course, they get banned and kicked off the tour. It happens EVERY YEAR. When will these idiots learn?

Leader after leader gets kicked off every year. I just don't understand the allure of the "sport" anymore.
  12. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 02:441 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    Leader after leader gets kicked off every year. I just don't understand the allure of the "sport" anymore.
    But leader after leader is not the fact (if you mean the Tour de France). The only ones at the top that were caught in the last few years were Landis and Vinokourov (and further down memory lane Pantani). There are a lot of insinuations and suspision about others like Rasmussen, Ullrich (?), Armstrong, Lemond, Virenque (?), but nothing on proof with tests if I recall correctly. Some just got booted or blamed by the press and cycle organisations to make a stand, at the looks of it.

They're idiots if they use, indeed. But keep in mind the tour starts with close to 200 people and by far the most are doing this in a clean way. It is not overall corrupted as people think. I think...
  13. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 18:47
    Nice stage today! Will actually make the ones on Thursday and Wednesday be very exciting.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 21:42
    Nice stage today! Will actually make the ones on Thursday and Wednesday be very exciting.
    You have to wonder if Evans cracked at the end or if he was looking to give away the yellow jersey since he doesn't have a strong team. The next two stages should be interesting. The 6 leading riders on GC are all within 1 minute. The final time trial is 50% longer than the first one. Here were the relative results from the first time trial of the 6 leaders on GC.

Evans
    Menchov +0:07
    Vande Velde +0:10
    Sastre +1:16
    Kohl +1:20
    Schleck +1:47

Sastre, Kohl and Schleck need to get a pretty large cushion in the next 2 stages if they want to win the GC.
  15. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 01:46
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You have to wonder if Evans cracked at the end or if he was looking to give away the yellow jersey since he doesn't have a strong team.
    I think he was having a something bad day. He might not have a strong team, but so does Menchov.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree