Tour de France

Tour de France

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
21 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Aiko
But leader after leader is not the fact (if you mean the Tour de France). The only ones at the top that were caught in the last few years were Landis and Vinokourov (and further down memory lane Pantani). There are a lot of insinuations and suspision about others like Rasmussen, Ullrich (?), Armstrong, Lemond, Virenque (?), but nothing on proof with tests if I the most are doing this in a clean way. It is not overall corrupted as people think. I think...
Ricco back home

Riccardo Ricco returned home to Italy on Saturday after a tumultuous Tour de France, where he thrilled fans by winning two stages before getting kicked out for testing positive for EPO.

Ricco was thrown out of the race Thursday, spent a night in a French jail and was fired by his Saunier Duval team on Friday.

😴

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
21 Jul 08

Ricco is not a leader. It's a kid smoking and drinking to appear older to be able to compete with the big boys.

So, what sports do you like?
Tell me and I will google a corresponding positive drug test for the last six months.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
21 Jul 08

Ricco is not a leader. It's a kid smoking and drinking to appear older to be able to compete with the big boys.

Tell me and I will google a corresponding positive drug test for the last six months.
NHL Hockey.

This guy won 2 stages!! He wasn't some journeyman rider who's there just to help the team leader during the climbs. People were cheering for this guy as he crossed the finish line in the lead...twice!

C

England

Moves
21 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by uzless

This guy won 2 stages!! He wasn't some journeyman rider who's there just to help the team leader during the climbs. People were cheering for this guy as he crossed the finish line in the lead...twice!
Ricco was a hugely unpopular rider both with his fellow professionals and the public. I don't think anyone watching his stage wins were doing so without suspicion.

The AFLD (French anti doping authority) suspected this rider from the start and targeted him in testing and the same is apparantly true of the other two riders caught so far.This is the first time the AFLD have been responsible for testing at the tour due to an argument between the tour and the UCI. Their methods certainly appear to be different and so far look more successful.

I was reading this article today:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7516484.stm

Makes depressing reading and when I'm watching the Olympics this summer it will be difficult not to think that the person on that top step is a cheat.

Back to the race in question. wonderfully set up and should a thrilling two more days in the mountains. Popovych has been utter garbage so far after been brought in at great expense to help Evans in the climbs, it's going to be lonely out there for Cadel and CSC could rip him to bits.
For me he's still the favorite, just as long as he doesn't panic. He doesn't have to match these guys in the mountains just keep his losses manageble. Well, perhaps with the exceptions of Menchov and Vande Velde who both timetrial well. I was suprised to see Evans not chasing down Menchov on sunday. Maybe he was in a bit of trouble. As for him losing the yellow jersey, that was always going to happen. Schelck's a much more natural climber and he should always be able to pull a few seconds from Evans who can't match the sharp accelerations.

I can't wait.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
21 Jul 08

How's steve bauer doing this year?

C

England

Moves
21 Jul 08

Originally posted by uzless
How's steve bauer doing this year?
Not racing. As part of the crackdown to clean up the sport Canadians have been banned. The doping scandal is merely a sideshow to the main evil that blights cycling.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
25 Jul 08

crickets chirping

C

England

Moves
25 Jul 08

NHL not having a credible drugs testing program is nothing to crow about.