1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Jul '22 16:141 edit
    Over the last few decades, the amount of ad time per hour has increased incrementally to the point that fully 1/3 of the TV sports airtime is filled with ads. Because of this I no longer watch sports on TV (or any TV for that matter) but rather check out the scores and highlights online. I understand television shows need paid sponsors, but they've gone too far with the ad time for me. I see You Tube now going the same way. This gives me more time to play chess I suppose, but it's just one reason why I cut the TV cord months ago and no longer watch it anymore.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Jul '22 16:59
    @mchill said
    Over the last few decades, the amount of ad time per hour has increased incrementally to the point that fully 1/3 of the TV sports airtime is filled with ads. Because of this I no longer watch sports on TV (or any TV for that matter) but rather check out the scores and highlights online. I understand television shows need paid sponsors, but they've gone too far with the ad tim ...[text shortened]... I suppose, but it's just one reason why I cut the TV cord months ago and no longer watch it anymore.
    As for TV, that's true of the USA but not of Europe.

As for Youtube: uBlock Origin.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Jul '22 21:26
    There was an announcment in the UK yesterday that TV companies are suggesting that in the future ads will become longer and more frequent.
    I would estimate that 90% of TV we watch is recorded so we fast forward all the ads.
    For live sport we just mute them.
    I think most people will do the same so it isn't surprising that companies don't want to advertise on TV anymore so the TV companies are trying to do something about it.
    I don't think it will work
  4. Standard memberBeowulf
    Misfit King
    Moves
    11 Jul '22 00:11
    @mchill

I love the new commercials.
    Every one of them is some mixed race family or gay.
    It totally represents america.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree