1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 21:04
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    He said he hated the cheerleaders - and I agree.
    Is it worrying times ahead for the purists? News on yet another money spinning (2020) tourney here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/india/6992520.stm

Big money is bound to attract the big players, and if more and more of these tourneys crop up players may be finding less and less time to be available for test series. KP has already said earlier in the year the schedule is pretty unforgiving for the players, and it's hard to disagree with him.

Good win for England today - KP was magnificent. Three shots in a row he pulled out the switch to left hand and got 6, 4, 4. Cheeky fella.
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 07:48
    Who cares about the dancers when you get matches like India Pakisatn yesterday. More emotional twists and turns than homer simpson on acid!
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 07:54
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Who cares about the dancers when you get matches like India Pakisatn yesterday. More emotional twists and turns than homer simpson on acid!
    The 'bowl-out' was interesting. Both teams were all happy and smiley at the novelty of it, but slowly the faces on the Pakistanis dropped as they realized what was happening. The bursts of joy from the Indians was great to see. I'm wondering if the ICC thought the same and maybe thought, 'hey, lets add a separate bowl-out competition to the cricket calendar!'.... 😉
  4. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 20:04
    Maybe it's because I'm in rugby mode, but I'm finding this 20Twenty frankly boring. The whole balance of the game is tilted towards batting, while fielding doesn't really count for much. Am I alone in this?
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 20:37
    Maybe it's because I'm in rugby mode, but I'm finding this 20Twenty frankly boring. The whole balance of the game is tilted towards batting, while fielding doesn't really count for much. Am I alone in this?
    It's been a bit boring, but now it will get better, with many of the 'minnows' out.
    I've always been more of a cricket than a rugby supporter, so I've been enjoying it.
  6. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 20:54
    In T20 you can be really punished for your mistakes quick - look at Englands fielding yesterday.

I love the fact you can watch a match and do something else that day!
  7. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 20:58
    It's tilted towards batting, but fielding is hugely important.

England pretty much lost it in the field yesterday. Good fielding was a big factor in Zimbabwe beating Australia as well.
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 23:56
    I think the T20 is good. Makes it more like baseball.

Bradman was right!
  9. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 00:08
    Originally posted by Red Night

Bradman was right!
    That is Sir Donald Bradman to the likes of you!
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    That is Sir Donald Bradman to the likes of you!
    Exactly.

"Cricket could learn a lot from baseball. Baseball has more snap and dash than cricket." Sir Donald Bradman

Have you ever been to the Official Archives of the State Library of South Australia?
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 08:34
    Originally posted by Red Night

Bradman was right!
    Not really. Don't you have some masturbatory thread in general to tend to?
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 21:55
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Not really. Don't you have some masturbatory thread in general to tend to?
    i guess when you're a mod you can say whatever abusive things you like.
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 07:01
    Ugh. Another South African team chokes in a World Cup. What a surprise 😞

We didn't deserve to go out now, we've been the form team, even in warm-up games. What a disappointment.
  14. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 09:03
    Originally posted by Crowley
    We didn't deserve to go out now, we've been the form team, even in warm-up games. What a disappointment.
    Doing it under pressure is what counts, though. Look at Australia - twice they've needed to win to stay in, twice they've performed brilliantly and won comfortably.

Whereas South Africa put in their worst performance when it was most important. 126 needed to stay in on run-rate, and they couldn't do that.
  15. Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 13:082 edits
    South Africa were always the chokers. I still remember that 1999 world cup both matches against australia. Almost all the recent world cups they had one of the strongest teams did very well in league games to lose badly in quarter/semi finals .

Indian team is right there with South Africa . Our record in final matches is absymal . Still it is better India meets Australia in semis rather than final. Here's hoping for a india-pakistan final . That match was one of the most exciting in leagues.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree