1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 05:18
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Two was all it took, actually one would have been enough. 😉
    No.no, no. You misunderstand. I'm talking about how many goals Canada allowed during the women's tournament in its entirety, not against USA. I believe their staunch D was the key, great goaltending and awesome offense. The ladies play almost as well as the men. Unlike soccer, women's hockey is exciting and fast!
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 05:23
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    No.no, no. You misunderstand. I'm talking about how many goals Canada allowed during the women's tournament in its entirety, not against USA. I believe their staunch D was the key, great goaltending and awesome offense. The ladies play almost as well as the men. Unlike soccer, women's hockey is exciting and fast!
    I think the Canadian Womens hockey team played better than the Mens hockey team, with maybe the exception of the Russia game.

The women play a box, that keeps the shooters to the outside, where it is harder to score. Rarely you will see shots from the slot, where it is much easier to score goals. It seemed to me most of their defence consisted of offence in their games.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 05:31
    I think the Canadian Womens hockey team played better than the Mens hockey team, with maybe the exception of the Russia game.

The women play a box, that keeps the shooters to the outside, where it is harder to score. Rarely you will see shots from the slot, where it is much easier to score goals. It seemed to me most of their defence consisted of offence in their games.
    Canada's gold medal was richly deserved! I wish we had more hockey women's teams outside the northeast USA, perhaps even a semi-pro league! I enjoy women's sports played credibly. They play soccer way too slow for my taste!
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 05:38
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Canada's gold medal was richly deserved! I wish we had more hockey women's teams outside the northeast USA, perhaps even a semi-pro league! I enjoy women's sports played credibly. They play soccer way too slow for my taste!
    I think the U.S. Womens hockey are right up there with Canadian Womens Hockey.
    Don't the women play in in university? They must have some womens teams?

I wondered about some of the lines they had together, and why the U.S. coach didn't change up the lines more, when the regular lines weren't clicking.

Putting the right players out at the proper times can make a huge difference. I don't think the skill level is much different between the two, in my opinion. Both the U.S. and Canada womens teams put more into their hockey, than other countries.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 14:07
    I think the U.S. Womens hockey are right up there with Canadian Womens Hockey.
    Don't the women play in in university? They must have some womens teams?

I wondered about some of the lines they had together, and why the U.S. coach didn't change up the lines more, when the regular lines weren't clicking.

Putting the right players out at the proper tim ...[text shortened]... ion. Both the U.S. and Canada womens teams put more into their hockey, than other countries.
    Plenty of university teams indeed, but most are in northeast USA. I'm in Texas. Keeping ice frozen is tough and expensive and our local pro team does not share the ice except with high school level kids and some little league teams.

USA women's team was outcoached indeed. They reminded me of dementia. Trying same thing over and over despite same result expecting something different! Indeed USA is not far behind, but could have played better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree