1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 17:29
    Almost here. Porto is 10/1 at Betfair to win at the Bridge. 😲 Sure, we're likely to not win, but THAT likely? Mmm...
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 07:52
    Oh well... 😞
  3. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 08:06
    Originally posted by Seitse
    So, it officially starts today, indeed.

http://www.uefa.org/

The group stage shall be:

[b]Group A

Bayern
    Juventus
    Girondinis
    Maccabi Haifa

Group B

Manchester
    CSKA
    Besiktas
    Wolfsburg

Group C

Milan
    Real Madrid
    O. Marseille
    Zurich

Group D

Chelsea
    Oporto
    Atlético de Madrid
    Nicoise

Group E[/b ...[text shortened]... oup H

Arsenal
    AZ Alkmaar
    Olympiakos
    Standard Leija

- - -

Let the games begin! 🙂[/b]
    much as I hate Liverpool fc. I cant see them not qualifying from this group and going on further, I predict heavy English presence 3 if not four in the 1/4 finals ,at least 2 progressing and surely 1 hopefully Mu in the final....but I am biast ,however I think this is a fair reaction of our brilliant premier,lets hope it can carry on to the national team for SA.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 08:09
    I may change my mind about Porto. Atlético's performance against the APOEL was sad.

Real Madrid, on the other side, delivered what was expected. Chelsea suffered a little bit and Juventus may have some arguments to battle for more.

Your thoughts for today's Inter match?
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 09:45
    I may change my mind about Porto. Atlético's performance against the APOEL was sad.

Real Madrid, on the other side, delivered what was expected. Chelsea suffered a little bit and Juventus may have some arguments to battle for more.

Your thoughts for today's Inter match?
    Barcelona still looks like the team to beat. Even though they were playing away, they dominated possession and pushed Inter into their own half. One could say that Inter badly missed Cambiasso, but I doubt it would have been enough.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 09:51
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Barcelona still looks like the team to beat. Even though they were playing away, they dominated possession and pushed Inter into their own half. One could say that Inter badly missed Cambiasso, but I doubt it would have been enough.
    What Mourinho must do is to get rid of that sack of potatoes called Muntari.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 09:59
    What Mourinho must do is to get rid of that sack of potatoes called Muntari.
    He played terribly yesterday (how many balls did he lose?😵) , but he generally provides a bit of muscle to that midfield.

The contrast with Xavi was embarassing. That man is pure gold.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 10:111 edit
    He played terribly yesterday (how many balls did he lose?😵) , but he generally provides a bit of muscle to that midfield.

The contrast with Xavi was embarassing. That man is pure gold.
    Yeah, I agree, it was embarrassing to see a diamond-shaped midfield formed by Muntari, Motta, Zanetti and Sneijder being overpowered just by Xavi.

Then again, Xavi can freely work his magic having Keita and Toure Yaya, two real towers, behind him.

Do you think they are up to the challenge of winning two consecutive CL?
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 10:32
    Yeah, I agree, it was embarrassing to see a diamond-shaped midfield formed by Muntari, Motta, Zanetti and Sneijder being overpowered just by Xavi.

Then again, Xavi can freely work his magic having Keita and Toure Yaya, two real towers, behind him.

Do you think they are up to the challenge of winning two consecutive CL?
    Xavi is, for me, Barcelona's best player. I'm a HUGE fan.

Anyway, I don't know if it's going to be enough or not. I just think they are the team to beat at the moment. Chelsea, Man U and Inter are still there gnawing at the heels. I'm definitely not counting Inter out yet. Half of their team is new (including all their offensive players) and they have shown flashes of brilliance already, so I think they'll play better on the away trip.

Also Real on a good day has the potential to devastate, so I think they can definitely cause some upsets. We'll see if they have the consistency.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 10:36
    Xavi is, for me, Barcelona's best player. I'm a HUGE fan.

Anyway, I don't know if it's going to be enough or not. I just think they are the team to beat at the moment. Chelsea, Man U and Inter are still there gnawing at the heels. I'm definitely not counting Inter out yet. Half of their team is new (including all their offensive players) and they have sho ...[text shortened]... so I think they can definitely cause some upsets. We'll see if they have the consistency.
    Yeah, they are the ones to beat for sure. Manchester won't pull it this time, I think, and Chelsea depends too much on Drogba to score.

I am really looking forward to seeing Real Madrid performing with Milan in front of them. I would like to, but I still don't believe they can win it. I have serious doubts about their defensive line for set pieces.
  11. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 11:17
    [b. Manchester won't pull it this time,
    Have I not heard similar quotes in previous years,perhaps wecould start a new thread of the best ten anti united quotes here we go for srarters

1 you wont win anything with kids
    2crisis at old trafford
    3 United wont be champions this year
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 12:38
    Yeah, they are the ones to beat for sure. Manchester won't pull it this time, I think, and Chelsea depends too much on Drogba to score.

I am really looking forward to seeing Real Madrid performing with Milan in front of them. I would like to, but I still don't believe they can win it. I have serious doubts about their defensive line for set pieces.
    Milan has been playing poorly, but it should be an interesting game.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Sep '09 12:40
    Milan has been playing poorly, but it should be an interesting game.
    You know Ronaldinho.

If he drinks little the night before, some nice show can occur.

What are your impressions on the other results?
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '09 11:25
    A. Bayern
    Juventus

B. UTD
    wolfsburg

C. Milan
    Real Madrid

D. Chelsea
    Porto

E. liverpoo
    Lyon

F. Barcelona
    Inter

G. Sevilla
    Urziceni

H. Arsenal
    Standard Leija
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 13:37
    Tomorrow is D-day for both teams.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree