Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    27 Aug '08 13:27
    "In England they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

  2. 27 Aug '08 17:21
    Originally posted by Palynka
    "In England they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

    LOL....QUALITY
  3. 27 Aug '08 21:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    "In England they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

    I believe it. I visited the city and was mugged. Can't say I'll ever go back. No doubt it is the world's source of overcast gloom.
  4. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    28 Aug '08 10:01
    He told United's official website: "I'd like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks. I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester, but that does not reflect how I feel now.

    "I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I'm very happy to be a part of this great club. I think I show that in the way I play every week. I also have far too much respect for the people of Manchester, and England, to criticise them in this way."

    D
  5. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    28 Aug '08 10:10 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    He told United's official website: "I'd like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks. I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester, but that does not reflect how I feel now.

    "I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I'm very happy to be a part of this great club. I think I show that in the ...[text shortened]... ch respect for the people of Manchester, and England, to criticise them in this way."

    D
    Well he would say that now, wouldn't he?

    Edit - Anyway, I'm not making any comment about the importance of such declarations. I just found it funny...because it's true.
  6. Standard member Rooney Once a Blue
    Always a Red
    02 Sep '08 13:21
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Well he would say that now, wouldn't he?

    Edit - Anyway, I'm not making any comment about the importance of such declarations. I just found it funny...because it's true.
    Its also funny because its the only city in world football that can sign any player in the world that they like.

    Manchester United because they are the biggest club in the world and current European and English Champions.

    Manchester City becuase they can outbit any other team for any player they want.
  7. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    02 Sep '08 14:12
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Its also funny because its the only city in world football that can sign any player in the world that they like.

    Manchester United because they are the biggest club in the world and current European and English Champions.

    Manchester City becuase they can outbit any other team for any player they want.
    Clueless, as usual.
  8. 05 Sep '08 15:46
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Clueless, as usual.