1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 19:25
    Whats happening in Wales ?
    Newport riding high and Wrexham topping the blue square premier , Cardiff city looking like getting into the premier league nxt season and what can you say about Swansea city ? winners of the capital cup ( i still call it the league cup ) and playing like Brazil in the Premier and to top it all Gareth Bale at Spurs .
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 12:33
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Whats happening in Wales ?
    Newport riding high and Wrexham topping the blue square premier , Cardiff city looking like getting into the premier league nxt season and what can you say about Swansea city ? winners of the capital cup ( i still call it the league cup ) and playing like Brazil in the Premier and to top it all Gareth Bale at Spurs .
    Excellent football coming out of Wales! I have enjoyed every bit of it. Gareth Bale is extraordinary! Perhaps jolly old England needs to study how Welsh are going about this and emulate it! I may switch allegiance from Chelsea to Cardiff if Cardiff enters EPL by promotion!
  3. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 14:48
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Excellent football coming out of Wales! I have enjoyed every bit of it. Gareth Bale is extraordinary! Perhaps jolly old England needs to study how Welsh are going about this and emulate it! I may switch allegiance from Chelsea to Cardiff if Cardiff enters EPL by promotion!
    Your overuse of exclamation marks is irritating.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 22:543 edits
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Your overuse of exclamation marks is irritating.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your overuse of unwanted criticism is even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who the hell asked your opinion on anything????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Please reserve your trolling for people who deserve a troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 03:511 edit
    A Welsh team in the Europa league proper... who wouldn't thought it? Hope they keep their good players, add a couple of gems and go on a nice run.

P.S. Cardiff always seem to find a way to mess it up.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 18:18
    I can't see Spurs holding on to Gareth Bale much longer ?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 13:55
    Perhaps jolly old England needs to study how Welsh are going about this and emulate it!
    If England played Wales five times over five weeks, how many of the games do you think Wales would win?
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 16:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    If England played Wales five times over five weeks, how many of the games do you think Wales would win?
    I hope the England rugby team beat Wales today .Going to be a tough game .
    Italy beat Ireland for the first time ..good stuff😲😲
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 11:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am talking about development of individual players, not as a national side. Of course even with Bales in the line up Wales would be hard pressed to beat England. In effect England is highly rated of late, but does anyone see them playing anywhere near the level of Spain? Where's the English Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Fabregas? England's backbone is not nearly that stiff!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 01:021 edit
    I am talking about development of individual players, not as a national side.
    You said "Perhaps jolly old England needs to study how Welsh are going about this and emulate it!" You probably need to be reminded that Swansea, Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham play in the English FA's leagues and the development of individual players is a matter for the Football Association and its clubs. Furthermore, take an English Premiership team like Swansea: the backbone of the team is players from Spain, England, the Netherlands; only two Wales born players were in the side fielded last weekend. And soon-to-be-promoted Cardiff: one Welsh player in a squad of 39. Wrexham has 18 English players in its squad of 32. Gareth Bale has played every single game of his professional club career at Southampton and Tottenham. If there are any lessons for England to learn from Welsh football, from its league system and its national Welsh Premier League (current top three: The New Saints, Airbus UK and Bangor City), then it would be interesting to hear what you think they are. πŸ˜€
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 11:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    You said "Perhaps jolly old England needs to study how Welsh are going about this and emulate it!" You probably need to be reminded that Swansea, Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham play in the English FA's leagues and the development of individual players is a matter for the Football Association and its clubs. Furthermore, take an English Premiership team like Swansea ...[text shortened]... Airbus UK and Bangor City), then it would be interesting to hear what you think they are. πŸ˜€
    Perhaps you're right, yet I don't see the English equivalent of a Gareth Bale, so how come there is a Bale thanks to England, but not an Engliah equivalent quality player? Explain that one for it remains a mystery to me. Same applies to all your other points. If we are to credit FA leagues then England should be producing talent in droves. I fear that is not the case. I will say the system Barca uses for internal talent development is certainly to be emulated for it has provided the solid backbone of Spain's championship team. Can you imagine if Messi had decided on Spanish citizenship instead of retaining Argentinian citizenship what the Spain 2010 team might have been like? Scary!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 13:34
    Perhaps you're right, yet I don't see the English equivalent of a Gareth Bale, so how come there is a Bale thanks to England, but not an Engliah equivalent quality player? Explain that one for it remains a mystery to me. Same applies to all your other points. If we are to credit FA leagues then England should be producing talent in droves. I fear that i ...[text shortened]... ad of retaining Argentinian citizenship what the Spain 2010 team might have been like? Scary!
    The fact that Gareth Bale was born in the part of Great Britain called "Wales" is of no footballing significance whatsoever other than the fact that he is currently qualified to play for Wales and not England. Bale has not played a single game in the Welsh Premier League. Plenty of talented players have been developed by - and have emerged from - The English Football Association's leagues [including the EPL]. Gareth Bale is just one such player, and sure, perhaps more talented than anyone else at the moment.

That he is a source of pride for other Welsh people makes perfect sense. But your talk of England learning a lesson from Wales in footballing terms because of Bale's birthplace does not, at least not to my way of thinking.

Would either of us have said "Perhaps jolly old England needs to study how Northern Ireland are going about [it] and emulate it!" when that part of Britain "produced" George Best? No, I think we can agree that neither of us would have said that. Does "England" have anything to learn from "Wales" because Cardiff - with it's very nearly Welshman-free squad - will likely take a place in the EPL next season? No. Of course not.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 11:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    The fact that Gareth Bale was born in the part of Great Britain called "Wales" is of no footballing significance whatsoever other than the fact that he is currently qualified to play for Wales and not England. Bale has not played a single game in the Welsh Premier League. Plenty of talented players have been developed by - and have emerged from - The English Foo ...[text shortened]... an-free squad - will likely take a place in the EPL next season? No. Of course not.
    Splitting hairs. I just hope England can get back to the glory years of 66. They knock on the door loudly then get bested by teams they could have beaten. They just need that one player, that one personality that can carry the team and even a small nudge forward would be quite exciting. Would a Bale do it? Hard to say. However, I know that a football crazy nation like England should be scouring the incredible talent pool to find the next great and move the team up a notch. If not with individual talent then a collective force like 2006 Italy. Spain 2010? They developed their backbone in Barca and stuck with it. England has no similar talent concentration. I have been watching EPL now for some time and marvel at the incredible talent available, marvel at how non-league teams are fearless and take it to the bigs. England has the attitude. Now gelling it into a footballing force is the next step. Finding the English Bale might be a puzzle piece in waiting.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '13 12:551 edit
    I have been watching EPL now for some time and marvel at the incredible talent available, marvel at how non-league teams are fearless and take it to the bigs.
    How peculiar, then, that you should offer 'analysis' like... "Perhaps jolly old England needs to study how Welsh are going about this and emulate it!"
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 03:551 edit
    Dispute flares over Carmarthen v Airbus UK postponement

The Welsh Premier League are in dispute with Carmarthen Town over who was responsible for the match officials' absence that forced the postponement of Carmarthen's game with Airbus UK.

The rearranged match was postponed, leaving Broughton-based Airbus with a game-less a seven-hour return trip.

League secretary Gwyn Derfel said it was "the home club's responsibility to re-appoint the officials".

Carmarthen director Jeff Thomas said league bosses should perform that role.
    Thomas said it "is always the case that the FAW informs the officials and the club in writing.

"This did not happen for this match."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21995743

Perhaps the jolly old English Premier League needs to study how the Welsh Premier League are going about things and emulate them! πŸ˜€

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree