1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 23:36
    Out of his depth - no goals in 2 World Cups...is that right?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 23:44
    30 goals for man utd next season πŸ˜‰
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 23:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Shot his wad indeed. Won't make it back for next cup. Fifty touches and none of merit. I would have used him up front. Feed him the ball. I will say he showed heart by trying to play midfielder after seeing he had no midfield to feed him the ball. I know you say this is his style, but it rendered him ineffective.
  4. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 00:00
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs066.ash2/36670_10150211586790153_523200152_13436531_4699187_n.jpg
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 03:49
    I think he is one of those guys who is very good when he is on a great team playing weaker opponents.

surround him with the best players from all over the world and put him on the field against Tottenham and he is a hat-trick waiting to happen.

put him on the field with a weak national squad and he looks over-matched.

The english national team, on its best day, could not beat ManU, on its worst day.

THINK ABOUT IT
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 06:38
    Originally posted by trev33
    30 goals for man utd next season πŸ˜‰
    No doubt Trev - but isn't that the point, what's up with him at World Cup level.
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 15:19
    No doubt Trev - but isn't that the point, what's up with him at World Cup level.
    read my post or ignore the truth

your choice
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 15:261 edit
    who cares? there's a world cup to be played for.
  9. Joined
    22 Oct '03
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 22:37
    Whats the betting he's spent the world cup worried about this weekends "News of the World" expose rather than worried about the football............perhaps its an affair with John Terry...........or maybe not
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 22:56
    Originally posted by shrew
    Whats the betting he's spent the world cup worried about this weekends "News of the World" expose rather than worried about the football............perhaps its an affair with John Terry...........or maybe not
    Rooney's 'avin an affair wiv Terry?
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 03:35
    I think there are two reasons:
    1- England sucks... both in 2006 and 2010
    2- Rooney is a very good player but not as good as people in England believe.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 08:42
    rooney has been in poor form since he came back from injury, there's no doubt he was rushed back around 2 week earlier than he should've been. plus with no real rest between the end of the season and the world cup, it's fair to say he simply just had nothing left. i know capello is going to come out today and say tiredness wasn't a factor in englands poor performance but it's just not possible to say at your optimum form level from august through to june/july with no breaks. at the very least england needs a winter break.

you just need to look at the performance of torres and van persie to back up the theory that you can't rush players back and expect them to hit top form, especially torres. look at robben, he could've been rushed back but they took their time and he looks like he'll be able to play the full 120 mins against brazil today on pretty much full fitness. england can blame man utd for that imo.

not to mention he pressure that rooney was playing under, everyone was saying how much englands chances depends on him. he had a lot of pressure to score last season for utd after ronaldo left but with full fitness and a formation/team that was build on him scoring he played great. the england formation was all over the place... when has capello ever played 4-4-2? i'd keep him on for the euros because he's a great coach but he made mistakes at the world cup, possibly couldn't handle the pressure he was put under, who knows but i'd say he would learn from it and have a good euro 2012 if they keep him. remember it's his first internationl job.

Not sure about rooney in 06, england in general didn’t score many. maybe it just didn’t fall for him who knows. Best player in the world during the 2004 euros until he got injured wasn’t he?
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 17:351 edit
    rooney has been in poor form since he came back from injury, there's no doubt he was rushed back around 2 week earlier than he should've been. plus with no real rest between the end of the season and the world cup, it's fair to say he simply just had nothing left. i know capello is going to come out today and say tiredness wasn't a factor in englands poor per ows. Best player in the world during the 2004 euros until he got injured wasn’t he?
    You can't use the excuse that "Rooney was tired "
    Training and a 90 minute game would add up to roughly about 2 days work for a normal person ,... ,... Two days a week !!! and you say he is tired !!

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ This seaon Rooney has played 55 games >>>>
    Lets look at the German side >,,Ozil 59 games this season
    Muller >..58 games
    Scheinsteiger >..59 games
    Lahm>..64 games
    Mertesacker >...61 games
    Rooney is fine when every thing goes alright for him . When it goes wrong he sulks and gives up !! Tired my arse !!!
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 17:59
    Originally posted by phil3000
    You can't use the excuse that "Rooney was tired "
    Training and a 90 minute game would add up to roughly about 2 days work for a normal person ,... ,... Two days a week !!! and you say he is tired !!

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ This seaon Rooney has played 55 games >>>>
    Lets look at the German side >,,Ozil 59 games this season
    ...[text shortened]... hing goes alright for him . When it goes wrong he sulks and gives up !! Tired my arse !!!
    i was blaming the injury if you could read dumbnuts, same reason for torres and van persie stinking up the place.

"Training and a 90 minute game would add up to roughly about 2 days work for a normal person"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 19:481 edit
    i was blaming the injury if you could read dumbnuts, same reason for torres and van persie stinking up the place.

"Training and a 90 minute game would add up to roughly about 2 days work for a normal person"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree