1. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '09 18:52
    Originally posted by Crowley
    My god, did you stop watching cricket when Michael Atherton was at the crease?

Seriously, don't comment on sports you know nothing about - it makes you look stupid.
    3 questions

1) Is it true that most of the time spent playing cricket your standing still? YES

2) Is it true that the most running done in cricket is 2 get your biscuits at tea? YES

3) Who is Michael Atherton?
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '09
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 00:21
    good question
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 07:46
    Originally posted by jacko13
    3 questions

1) Is it true that most of the time spent playing cricket your standing still? YES

2) Is it true that the most running done in cricket is 2 get your biscuits at tea? YES

3) Who is Michael Atherton?
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. A retired cricket player.

Have you even SEEN a cricket match?
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 09:43
    Only ever about the first 10 minutes. I keep falling asleep after that.

I still don't understand how it takes 22 men an entire day to finish what is essentially an incredibly elaborate game of 'catch'! And don't get me started on the fact them all wearing neatly ironed trousers and woollen tank-tops in the middle of summer!
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 13:17
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. A retired cricket player.

Yeah! It was painfully boring. I almost died!

Some say I suffer from a cricket allergy. The symptoms are drowsiness and severe boredom.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 14:42
    To watch:

1) American football; great, great sport to watch

2) baseball; boring sometimes, but very tense and very exciting at crunch time; I also love that there's no clock

3) hockey; not enough scoring and it's a little too fast for TV, but great action

4) basketball; first 3 quarters mean nothing in a close game, as all the same scoring and stuff happens in the 4th quarter as the other quarters, except that the game is decided then.

5) Soccer. Great game; but I just can't sit through 2 hours of watching a game when I know the final score is probably going to be something on the order of 1-0; it's just not exciting enough knowing that most of the action has little to do with the outcome of the game. I actually do like indoor soccer a lot. Maybe that can catch on as a mainstream sport.

To play:

1) touch football
    2) Tennis
    3) Cycling
    4) baseball/ softball

I'm sure if I knew how to roller blade I'd love roller hockey as well. I used to love field hockey, but no one plays it anymore.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 15:00
    Originally posted by sloppyb
    a) soccer
    b) Basketball
    c) baseball
    d) racket sports
    e) golf
    f) swimming/water sports
    g) other. please specify

IT WILL BE A DEBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. Water polo
    2. Syncranized swimming
    3. Bad mitten
    4. Syncranized bad mitten.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 15:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    4. Syncranized bad mitten.
    Now that I'd love to see.

2 at a time: "Ouch, I have frost bite!"
  9. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 15:42
    1. Lovely women playing tennis
    2. Lovely women playing golf
    3. Lovely women playing
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 19:494 edits
    baseball has always been my favorite -- no clock, so it ain't over til its over - and the regular season actually means something -- at least half of post-season games should be day games

as for the rest:

nfl football -- ideal when it's a low-scoring 14-10 type game -- FGs are too easy now, they need to make goal posts narrower

ncaa football -- hate the BCS formulas - needs to implement a playoff system - and they'd make a ton of $$$$

football (soccer) -- love the clock that doesn't stop, idea should be used in other sports - love that guy that says goooooooaaaaaaaaalllll!!!!

australian rules football -- awesome

nba basketball -- regular season means almost nothing -- playoffs go on for too long -- loved it the way it was 10 yrs ago when the typical score was 90-88 -- hate the no-defense 127-125 type games

ncaa basketball -- after George Mason made the Final Four two years ago, someone must've passed a law making Cinderella illegal

nhl hockey -- regular season means almost nothing -- playoffs go on for too long -- would love to see TV broadcast a game from overhead -- fighting only gets you 5 minutes, any other sport it gets you 5 games (minimum)

golf -- seems like someone new wins every week -- unless its Tiger

tennis -- Federer-Nadal forever and ever Amen -- who cares about the rest? -- women's game needs Justina Henin to return

NASCAR -- seems like someone is always whining about someone else's racing tactics

horses -- are we ever going to see another Triple Crown? -- seems like something always goes wrong at Belmont

curling -- fascinating - actually reminds me of chess in a way - everyone should watch at least one game during the next olympics

chess -- time to put "mental-sports" in the olympics

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree