What's the best soccer team in Europe?

What's the best soccer team in Europe?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 09

Might it be Spain?

p

Moves
26 Jun 09

Originally posted by Red Night
Might it be Spain?
Sorry to pick at your post 😉 But do you mean national side ? [ i think you probably do ] .. If you do , you have always got to keep Germany in mind , they fool people with a dodgy qualifiying campaign and then come strong at the finals .
England however , do the opposite , bit like pulling a beutiful women .. The build ups great , but when it comes to the action .. 2 pumps and a squirt and its all over .. leaving every one disappointed !! and a big mess to clear up after wards :'(:'(
You could be right about Spain :'(:'(

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 09

Originally posted by phil3000
Sorry to pick at your post 😉 But do you mean national side ? [ i think you probably do ] .. If you do , you have always got to keep Germany in mind , they fool people with a dodgy qualifiying campaign and then come strong at the finals .
England however , do the opposite , bit like pulling a beutiful women .. The build ups great , but when it comes t ...[text shortened]... ed !! and a big mess to clear up after wards :'(:'(
You could be right about Spain :'(:'(
I agree on England.

You can never count out Germany.

But, I have to agree, that Spain is the best national team in Europe.

So, that being the case, who is the best national team in Europe and North America combined?

Might it be the USA?

Moves
26 Jun 09

So, that being the case, who is the best national team in Europe and North America combined?

Might it be the USA?
lol for sure.

and this had been proven at previous world cups and no doubt will be proven again at this one. 😉

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 09

Originally posted by trev33
lol for sure.

and this had been proven at previous world cups and no doubt will be proven again at this one. 😉
USA 2 Spain 0

The world cup is a little ways away, right now we'll have to watch the Confed Cup finals.
I might be wrong, but I think Europe is out of that one.

It's a new world final.

NWSO

Moves
26 Jun 09

USA 2 Spain 0

The world cup is a little ways away, right now we'll have to watch the Confed Cup finals.
I might be wrong, but I think Europe is out of that one.

It's a new world final.

NWSO
any one team can team any other team in any given day, barce and man utd are no doubt the two best club sides in europe but do they win every game? of course not. brazil and argentina both looked rank in some of their games in qualifying for the world cup, argentina being hammered 4-0 (or something) in bolivia but this doesn't mean they're not the 2 best team in s. america.

if the u.s played in a league with the top european sides where do you think they would finish?

ireland drew with italy who beat the us, does that mean that ireland are better than the us even though the us are the best team of all the european side because they beat spain? but of course not as good as italy who they lost to.

usa last 16 in the world cup if they're lucky 😛

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
26 Jun 09

I agree on England.

You can never count out Germany.

But, I have to agree, that Spain is the best national team in Europe.

Might it be the USA?
How the **** can you agree as there is no soccer outside the usa.
All the rest of the world play football 😛 😛 😛

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 09

any one team can team any other team in any given day, barce and man utd are no doubt the two best club sides in europe but do they win every game? of course not. brazil and argentina both looked rank in some of their games in qualifying for the world cup, argentina being hammered 4-0 (or something) in bolivia but this doesn't mean they're not the 2 best team ...[text shortened]... e not as good as italy who they lost to.

usa last 16 in the world cup if they're lucky 😛
Italy has looked awful of late and they pulled off a major upset against team USA. So, you're right, any of the top sides in the world can win on any day.

We'll talk about the World Cup next year.

Right now we've got an exciting confed cup finals coming up.

Where would Team USA finish in a tournament with other european sides?

Maybe a lot higher than people in Europe would like to think.

Would they win? Maybe, probably not, but maybe.

Could they win? I think the answer to that is a resounding yes.

Anyway, if anyone is getting pissed by this, I am actually truly and sincerely sorry. MoneyMan and I have been the most vocal supporters of team usa on this forum for years.

This win over Spain was the biggest win in Team USA history. What was spain's winning streak coming in? 35 games?

This is our win, sorry if we're being a little obnoxious.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jun 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
How the **** can you agree as there is no soccer outside the usa.
All the rest of the world play football 😛 😛 😛
Give us a few more years and let us americanize the sport and maybe the rest of you will be calling soccer too!

😵

I purposefully use amercian terms like team, uniform, soccer, goalie, etc to wind you guys up.

J

Moves
27 Jun 09

Might it be the USA?
Na, I still think Spain, Italy, France, Holland, England and Germany are better as i believe all these teams have the capability of winning the world cup....I definitely don't think USA are capable of winning it though!

Fair play to a great win against Spain though and I'm sure you's will make the last 16 in the world cup!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
27 Jun 09

Give us a few more years and let us americanize the sport and maybe the rest of you will be calling soccer too!

😵

I purposefully use amercian terms like team, uniform, soccer, goalie, etc to wind you guys up.
It works 😛

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Jun 09

Originally posted by Jamesqt
Na, I still think Spain, Italy, France, Holland, England and Germany are better as i believe all these teams have the capability of winning the world cup....I definitely don't think USA are capable of winning it though!

Fair play to a great win against Spain though and I'm sure you's will make the last 16 in the world cup!
Hard to say Spain is better today.

Moves
27 Jun 09

Italy has looked awful of late and they pulled off a major upset against team USA. So, you're right, any of the top sides in the world can win on any day.

We'll talk about the World Cup next year.

Right now we've got an exciting confed cup finals coming up.

Where would Team USA finish in a tournament with other european sides?

Maybe a lot hig ...[text shortened]... g streak coming in? 35 games?

granted it was a nice win but why did they play them in the first place? 3 points from 3 games isn't a lot to shout about is it?

the us are a good team but they lack the great individuals to be a great team.

they are like greece, solid, organized who can beat anyone on their day but individually they would be playing in the lower teams in the prem or even in the championship. but it's a team game and sometimes hard work can cancel out skill.

maybe they will beat brazil maybe not but consistently the us wouldn't do it against teams like spain as they just don't have the players. still a good team though.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Jun 09
1 edit

granted it was a nice win but why did they play them in the first place? 3 points from 3 games isn't a lot to shout about is it?

the us are a good [b]team
but they lack the great individuals to be a great team.

they are like greece, solid, organized who can beat anyone on their day but individually they would be playing in the lower teams in the p ainst teams like spain as they just don't have the players. still a good team though.[/b]
Individually they would be playing for the lower ranked teams....like Everton?

You can try to spin this anyway you want, but the fact is that the US just rolled over the very best that Europe had to offer without four of our best players.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
27 Jun 09

This win over Spain was the biggest win in Team USA history. What was spain's winning streak coming in? 35 games?

Like can happen when a good team meets an average team, the good team under estimated their opponents. In a way, you can see why Spain were more interested in talking about playing Brazil in the final rather than concentrating on the game against the US, considering a very poor Italian team had already beaten the US well, and the US had looked a shambles in their first 2 games, before playing 1 storming game against a very unpredictable team.

In sports, and this is the great thing about soccer, it doesn't matter how small a team is, they always have a chance of a giant killing. In Premiership terms, US (14th in the world) are the Hull or Sunderland of the league. Sure they'll win the odd game against a top team, but in the long run, true class will shine through and the team will finish where it belongs.

D