31 Jul '08 22:06
    The guy needs a break
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 23:091 edit
    Originally posted by hozman
    The guy needs a break
    He's certainly had a looooong weekend in the last two weeks, although it's hard to criticize him for losing a match without giving up a break point.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 23:16
    The sad truth is, you can't stay on top forever. He is still one of the very best in the world, and one of the very best to ever play the game, but I think his focus and desire may not be the same as they have been in the past, his age is creeping upward, just like it did on Borg, McEnroe, Connors & Sampras and like it will do to Nadal and everyone else who follows. He has plenty of money, so the key will be if he can motivate himself to make another push, or does he even want to. Either way, he has been, and still is, a truly great champion and a classy gentleman of the game.
  4. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    02 Aug '08 10:221 edit
    I like federer but like shorty said hes getting older now even though hes only 27 in tennis there are so many good young players coming through hes old so i think 3 more years and if hes not winning like he used to then i think he will be retired...I hope he wins the french open because i think thats all hes after then hes won all the grand slams 🙂 and i think then he may call it a day,also he may go after the wimbledon record aswell and i think him losing this year will only make him more motivated next season as i think he was starting to think he was unbeatable on grass 🙂.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Aug '08 12:43
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    I like federer but like shorty said hes getting older now even though hes only 27 in tennis there are so many good young players coming through hes old so i think 3 more years and if hes not winning like he used to then i think he will be retired...I hope he wins the french open because i think thats all hes after then hes won all the grand slams 🙂 and i thi ...[text shortened]... im more motivated next season as i think he was starting to think he was unbeatable on grass 🙂.
    He may not get the French unless Nadal gets injured though. Federer's game is simply not suited for clay. I can see him winning more Wimbledon titles and even another US Open but I don't think he will ever get the personal slam. It is ashame too, because he has been a very gracious and humble winner, something really rare these days. I hope he does get the fire in his belly to continue, but if not, he has had a great career.
  6. Joined
    04 May '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '08 21:31
    Originally posted by hozman
    The guy needs a break
    haha, yea.... He is second now....NICE BREAK 😀
    Finally Nadal.....but I like Djokovic more....
  7. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 19:24
    He should retire at the end of the season!!

He will never win another Slam. Thats all Fed cares about these days

Djokovic will win US Open this year
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 20:05
    The dude should retire at the top of his game and buy himself an island filled with Filipino sex slaves...
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 21:22
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer
    He should retire at the end of the season!!

He will never win another Slam. Thats all Fed cares about these days

I'll take odds on both of your propostions because I think you are wrong on both counts.
  10. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 07:161 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I'll take odds on both of your propostions because I think you are wrong on both counts.
    I don't think he will retitre and the end of the year. I said I think he should.

But I also don't think he will win another Grand slam.
  11. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 07:43
    Also nice to see a brit andy murray finally playing well and mixing it with the big boys.Like i said before i think his main aim is the french.Also i dont think djokovic will win us open i think nadal will to be honest but would be nice to see federer win......
    I think when federer reaches 30 and if hes not winning anything he will call it a day 🙂....
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 10:21
    it's such a pity, how everyone was saying how great a champion federer was. i mean, in the end, no french. i think, if he doesn't reach the finals at the aus open, which he should win actually, gets thrashed again by nadal at the french, and fails to win in wimbledon, then he's well and truly gone.

so, a repeat of this year would spell the end for federer.
    and all of those people who think the next winner will be djokovitch...
    i think that nadal's presence will outshine djokovitch

"That's my two cents, and when compared to your two cents, it's worth like fifty bucks"
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 11:41
    I don't think he [b]will retitre and the end of the year. I said I think he should.

But I also don't think he will win another Grand slam.[/b]
    I was referring to your propositions on Fed never winning another slam and on your choise to win the US Open
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 17:53
    But which Djokovic will show up at the US Open? Will it be the one who drubbed Nadal 6-1 in the first set in Cincinnati, or the one who lost twice to Andy Murray in consecutive weeks?
  15. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 14:39
    I agree if federer has another season like this 1 next year his days are over before hes 30 ouch....
    Djokovic is good but hes starting to fade away maybe hes had a long season and its finally catching him up..US open next lets see how that goes 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree