1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 05:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN:

Asked to rank Cowher's preferred list in order, the source identified New York, Miami and Houston. Each of those markets represent strong ownership with a good talent base, the source said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5936041

Cowher later made a statement that ...[text shortened]... rse, that's not what was said and Bill didn't specifically deny the accuracy of the report.
    Then it must be gospel because Mort has never been wrong before ( *tongue in cheek* )
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 22:04
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Then it must be gospel because Mort has never been wrong before ( *tongue in cheek* )
    I actually quoted an article that quoted a source close to Cowher as indicating that the Giants are Cowher's first choice. You've presented nothing to support your assertion that he prefers to coach the Texans.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 06:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I actually quoted an article that quoted a source close to Cowher as indicating that the Giants are Cowher's first choice. You've presented nothing to support your assertion that he prefers to coach the Texans.
    I have no proof other than the beat writer for the Texans who said Cowher had talked on two occasions with the owner of the Texans, and he said it was a great organization and one that he would love to coach.

If you read all newspapers from around the country in lieu of the biased NY rags, you would know many of the fans have been clamoring for Cowher's hire for 6 weeks.

I personally hope Cowher goes elsewhere because I don't think he would be a good fit here. That is my opinion.

I like Gary Kubiak, I am just not sure he will ever get the Texans to the promised land. Bob McNair likes Kubiak too. It will be a very tough deed for him to fire Kubiak.
    McNair is not one to act on a knee jerk either, so I would be surprised if a successor was not already in line prior to him relieving Kubiak of his duties.

Mike Shanahan would have been the best fit here, but he would never take the job away from his protege'. The system they run was the basic system that Shanahan designed.

We'll see what happens.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree