1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 13:581 edit
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/12/20/miamis-playoff-hopes-come-to-a-fitting-end

2+ years ago Bill Parcels came to the aid of the dismal Dolphins, and produced an AFC East title, since then the Dolphins have slipped a couple of notches. A fine defence and a dismal offence will no doubt produce an 8-8 season in 2010. I wonder how one lights a fire under this offence?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 23:26
    Originally posted by bill718
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/12/20/miamis-playoff-hopes-come-to-a-fitting-end

2+ years ago Bill Parcels came to the aid of the dismal Dolphins, and produced an AFC East title, since then the Dolphins have slipped a couple of notches. A fine defence and a dismal offence will no doubt produce an 8-8 season in 2010. I wonder how one lights a fire under this offence?
    No QB is the basic problem!
  3. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    22 Dec '10 02:09
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    No QB is the basic problem!
    QB is a problem now, but certainly not the whole problem. I believe the coaching staff is mostly to blame. Terrible calls, horrible clock management, etc. The Tuna bailed on the franchise several weeks ago... Tony Soprano is unproven as a leader.

Under-achieving reigns supreme in S. Fla this year. Not to mention each home is game is basically an away game, with most of the stands rooting AGAINST them.. Sad, very sad indeeed.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 03:38
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    QB is a problem now, but certainly not the whole problem. I believe the coaching staff is mostly to blame. Terrible calls, horrible clock management, etc. The Tuna bailed on the franchise several weeks ago... Tony Soprano is unproven as a leader.

Under-achieving reigns supreme in S. Fla this year. Not to mention each home is game is basically an away game, with most of the stands rooting AGAINST them.. Sad, very sad indeeed.
    I would never hire anyone with such work instability as Parcells. As for the rest of the staff it seems they just cannot get anything done right at all. There were plenty of nice QB's available in the draft/free agency, but they stuck to their three inept QB's. Can't make one if you rolled all three together! New starts are afoot, though. At least Miami U dumped Shannon at last and may be on the upswing. Now if Dolphins decide to clean house and consider the Sparano experiment over and push hard to get Cowher or a more seasoned coach.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 04:241 edit
    Originally posted by bill718

Parcells and the dolphins loss to my bills but they beat the jets. How funny is that?
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 04:37
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Parcells and the dolphins loss to my bills but they beat the jets. How funny is that?
    Quite pathetic, actually. They're a completely different team on the road this year.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 02:58
    Can't even beat the Lions. Although we have won three in a row now.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 11:39
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Can't even beat the Lions. Although we have won three in a row now.
    Tragic and Comic at the same time! LOL
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 17:14
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Tragic and Comic at the same time! LOL
    I guess it's curtains for Sparano. Usher in the Cowher era! Will be 1st coach to win SB with two different teams!
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 17:59
    I guess it's curtains for Sparano. Usher in the Cowher era! Will be 1st coach to win SB with two different teams!
    Not if he coaches Miami
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 19:28
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Not if he coaches Miami
    Anything to keep him away from the Cowboys!
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 19:49
    Bill's headed for the G-Men.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 00:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Bill's headed for the G-Men.
    Who would want to coach the NYG's? I thought Cowher got out of coaching to avoid pressure/stress? Going into a high pressure environment like NYC would not be my cup of tea! But as long as we keep him away from teh Cowboyss that's fine. loks more and more like Coughlin will be canned!
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 00:38
    Truth be known, he wants the job in Houston if it opens up. I am not sure I would rather have Cowher over Kubiak though, and Kubiak isn't getting it done.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 00:54
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Truth be known, he wants the job in Houston if it opens up. I am not sure I would rather have Cowher over Kubiak though, and Kubiak isn't getting it done.
    According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN:

Asked to rank Cowher's preferred list in order, the source identified New York, Miami and Houston. Each of those markets represent strong ownership with a good talent base, the source said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5936041

Cowher later made a statement that he was "outraged" that anyone would suggest he wanted a specific coach fired so that he could have their job. Of course, that's not what was said and Bill didn't specifically deny the accuracy of the report.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree