1. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    40
    09 Aug '07 17:14
    I think it is the San Diego Padres.
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    09 Aug '07 17:37
    Blue Jays

    Halladay
    Marcum
    McGowan
    Burnett (when he's not suckin his lollipop)
    Lietsch

    If I had the stats for the last month, i'd say these guys have the lowest team ERA...I could be wrong but i'm too lazy to look it up.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    24 Jul '04
    Moves
    26871
    09 Aug '07 19:44
    According to ESPN.com in august the blue jays have the 18 best era. In july it was second, behind only the cubs. The Padres team era is far and away the best in baseball 3.49. The Blue Jays are 12th with a 4.17. If we just take starters oakland has a 3.77; san diego is 2md witha 3.78 and toronto is 14th with a 4.47.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    09 Aug '07 20:181 edit
    Originally posted by poundlee
    According to ESPN.com in august the blue jays have the 18 best era. In july it was second, behind only the cubs. The Padres team era is far and away the best in baseball 3.49. The Blue Jays are 12th with a 4.17. If we just take starters oakland has a 3.77; san diego is 2md witha 3.78 and toronto is 14th with a 4.47.
    poundlee...thanks for the research.

    Do your stats include just the 5 starters I mentioned?

    And ya, I was talking about July's stats...not stats for the year.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    24 Jul '04
    Moves
    26871
    10 Aug '07 19:20
    The numbers were for all starters. As for my interpretation, the Blue jays have a top notch number one starter and they had a really good month (not the best in baseball) but to say they are the number one staff is a stretch at best. Everything considered, there is a good argument that especially with the Yankees starters being healthier that the Jays are the third best staff in the division.
  6. USA
    Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    8808
    10 Aug '07 19:37
    Originally posted by trailblazers35
    I think it is the San Diego Padres.
    Red Sox.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    10 Aug '07 19:40
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Red Sox.
    I'd have to agree.

    Schilling
    Beckett
    Matsuzaka
    Wakefield

    Lester still sucks but he'll get better.

    The Padres have Young, Peavy and Maddux, who are great, but I don't know the other two...
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    10 Aug '07 19:501 edit
    That's my feelings too, but they are rated second to SD Padres at ESPN for era, and quality starts.

    P-
  9. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    1610
    10 Aug '07 21:03
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That's my feelings too, but they are rated second to SD Padres at ESPN for era, and quality starts.

    P-
    Red sox for sure
  10. USA
    Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    8808
    10 Aug '07 22:29
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I'd have to agree.

    Schilling
    Beckett
    Matsuzaka
    Wakefield

    Lester still sucks but he'll get better.

    The Padres have Young, Peavy and Maddux, who are great, but I don't know the other two...
    Schilling and Beckett are all you need!
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    11 Aug '07 01:19
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Schilling and Beckett are all you need!
    Wakefield is going CrAzY! He gets 2 wins in a row and he's competing or holding best record. Last game he would have tied, but lost.

    P-
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    11 Aug '07 02:17
    Originally posted by uzless
    Blue Jays

    Halladay
    Marcum
    McGowan
    Burnett (when he's not suckin his lollipop)
    Lietsch

    If I had the stats for the last month, i'd say these guys have the lowest team ERA...I could be wrong but i'm too lazy to look it up.
    Marcum just had his no-hit bid broken in the 7th. 🙁

    These young'uns are gonna be a force from now on (Marcum, McGowan, Litsch). It reminds me of the young Tigers that have come up the last few years.
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    11 Aug '07 02:53
    The 2008 Minn Twins. Santana, Loriano, Garza, Baker
  14. USA
    Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    8808
    11 Aug '07 13:06
    Originally posted by badmoon
    The 2008 Minn Twins. Santana, Loriano, Garza, Baker
    what a bum.
  15. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    1610
    11 Aug '07 15:25
    Originally posted by badmoon
    The 2008 Minn Twins. Santana, Loriano, Garza, Baker
    yeah but santana is mad right now and might be getting traded and then we all now who will go for him the Yankees and Redsox!
Back to Top