1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 03:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    I would have to say Ken Griffey Jr. After all, he is the youngest to make it ot 500 home runs. Also note that he is not juiced. You could argue this fact, however, it is very apparent to me who is and is not juiced. Just look at how Bonds and Mcguire bulked up right before hitting all of those home runs. I pray he breaks the record set by Bonds so that the home run record will once again be legitimate.
    Ummmmm... Alex Rodriguez is the youngest player to hit 500 home runs.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 03:38
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Ummmmm... Alex Rodriguez is the youngest player to hit 500 home runs.
    Curses!! Like I said, Alex Rodriguez is the greatest home run hitter of all time. 😛
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 03:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    Curses!! Like I said, Alex Rodriguez is the greatest home run hitter of all time. 😛
    a lot of people forget that were in a hitters era which homeruns are the game...

people that hit homeruns long ago when pitchers were the dominant ones should be the obvious choice..
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 08:08
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    a lot of people forget that were in a [b]hitters era which homeruns are the game...

people that hit homeruns long ago when pitchers were the dominant ones should be the obvious choice..[/b]
    YEAH! During Ty cobb's era, swinging for the fences was just never even thought of
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 15:01
    These arguments are always fun because there is no right answer. A couple of names that haven't been mentioned:

Ott
    Killebrew
    Kiner
  6. Joined
    27 Jul '07
    Moves
    28 Aug '07 05:461 edit
    Babe Ruth was the best home run hitter of his era.
    Hank Aaron was the best home run hitter of his era.
    Barry Bonds was the best home run hitter of his era.
    A-Rod is the best home run hitter of his era.
    If Ken Griffey Jr. wasn't hurt so much since the 2000 season, he would have put them all to shame.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    28 Aug '07 16:18
    Mickey Mantle has the longest homerun ever and some say also the second longest. That has to count for something
  8. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    28 Aug '07 19:07
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Mickey Mantle has the longest homerun ever and some say also the second longest. That has to count for something
    It's funny that with all the "performance enhancing" drugs and improvements in training, that no one has managed to better that particular mark. When it comes to power hitting, Mantle was really the man....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree