Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Ravello
    The Rude©
    25 Jan '08 01:37 / 1 edit
    I'm talking of Nba of course : for the sake of my eyes I would like to see Phoenix in the finals but the feeling s that there will be the Celtics or Detroit and the usual San Antonio spurs.

    What's your pick?


    (Uh, Bargnani had a great game yesterday in Boston ;-))
  2. 25 Jan '08 08:30
    Lakers vs Celtics if Bynum, Ariza, and Rondo are all healthy in time for the playoffs.
  3. 27 Jan '08 13:34
    You don't seriously think the Lakers will make the finals, do you?? Surely Phoenix, San Antonio and Dallas are before them.

    In the East, Boston are definitely a good show.. as are Detroit. To a lesser extent, Cleveland - but these 3 are the only serious challengers you'd have to think.
  4. 02 Feb '08 03:00
    Originally posted by AussieG
    You don't seriously think the Lakers will make the finals, do you?? Surely Phoenix, San Antonio and Dallas are before them.

    In the East, Boston are definitely a good show.. as are Detroit. To a lesser extent, Cleveland - but these 3 are the only serious challengers you'd have to think.
    Lakers just got Pau Gasol today. Do you see it now? Lakers are definitely contenders; Fish, Kobe, Odom, and the twin towers, Bynum and Gasol. The Lakers and their "big four" will go to the Finals this year!
  5. 02 Feb '08 08:14
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Lakers just got Pau Gasol today. Do you see it now? Lakers are definitely contenders; Fish, Kobe, Odom, and the twin towers, Bynum and Gasol. The Lakers and their "big four" will go to the Finals this year!
    Well, I didn't know that at the time of my post. I still don't think they will go all the way to the finals but yes, they are a contender but I wouldn't say a top contender though. If the Lakers were in the Eastern conference, they'd be a better show of making it to the finals.
  6. 26 Feb '08 05:14
    Originally posted by AussieG
    Well, I didn't know that at the time of my post. I still don't think they will go all the way to the finals but yes, they are a contender but I wouldn't say a top contender though. If the Lakers were in the Eastern conference, they'd be a better show of making it to the finals.
    Not contenders, they now have the best record in the west. They are the hottest team right now and have an 8 game win streak. Not to mention they had that 130-124 win against Phoenix last week which would put them ahead of Phoenix if they had tied records cause they won the series between the two. They could make it all the way even without Bynum, but Bynum will make them that much stronger and even more of a contender.
  7. Standard member Derfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    01 Mar '08 05:22
    I don't think Phoenix makes it this year. They still don't play defense and hope to win in shootouts.

    Detroit is head and shoulders above everyone in the East, except the Celtics. I'm still not sold on the Celts yet...

    I got Detroit-Mavs
  8. Standard member nmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    01 Mar '08 06:31
    We can always hope here in Denver that AI and Carmello will finally put it together.

    Most likely not though

    I am thinking San Antonio and Boston

    Dave
  9. 04 Mar '08 07:14
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    We can always hope here in Denver that AI and Carmello will finally put it together.

    Most likely not though

    I am thinking San Antonio and Boston

    Dave
    Nah Lakers-Celtics this year.
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Do ya think?
    06 Mar '08 14:48
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Nah Lakers-Celtics this year.
    Mercenaries of Los Angeles ftw!