1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 03:45
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I looked up on Facebook all the major teams of the top five sports and looked at the total numbers each team had and the Lakers have 16,000,000+. It took a while because there's 141 teams right now. And that's why I said on Facebook it was worldwide. And I'm only talking about American teams.
    But there are MILLIONS of people not on Facebook.
    That is hardly more than a sampling.
    And, how many fans on Facebook have never indicated ANY favorite.
    I am on Facebook and I have not clicked a favorite in any sport, but I do know
    sports very well.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 04:311 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    But there are MILLIONS of people not on Facebook.
    That is hardly more than a sampling.
    And, how many fans on Facebook have never indicated ANY favorite.
    I am on Facebook and I have not clicked a favorite in any sport, but I do know
    sports very well.
    I was just pointing out the popularity on Facebook nothing outside of Facebook.

You couldn't do sales of products either to see who the most popular team's or players are. Because I only wear my football and baseball clothes. All I have is a Bulls and Canucks hat which I never really wear. And I don't have a DC United clothes any items from them. I have a lot of bills shirts and lots of bills hats, and a Jim Kelly Jersey. That I wear a lot. I have two braves hats ones to tight to wear and one is way too small. And I have one brave shirt which is kind of tight on me.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 19:201 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I was just pointing out the popularity on Facebook nothing outside of Facebook.

You couldn't do sales of products either to see who the most popular team's or players are. Because I only wear my football and baseball clothes. All I have is a Bulls and Canucks hat which I never really wear. And I don't have a DC United clothes any items from them. I have a ...[text shortened]... tight to wear and one is way too small. And I have one brave shirt which is kind of tight on me.
    Correct, I realized that sales of goods does not indicate popularity.
    However, the value of the asset DOES indicate popularity because it
    encompasses many different aspects, with merchandising being a small part.

Edit: Oh, and again, you cannot use popularity on Facebook because it is
    hugely skewed as I showed before, which is why I responded in the first place.
  4. Santiago
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 05:54
    I would dismiss any survey formed by the 'general' opinion of Facebook users.

While the sheer number of users provides representation, I suggest this representation is skewed towards today's generation of instant gratification in everything. People whose ego is fuelled by the number of friends they have on facebook, supporting whatever is in fashion at the present time. The IPhone/Galaxy App generation.

I am concerned that since Facebook (Google etc) have become huge global enterprises, thye have become insiduous in their control of things on the net. What can be posted, what videos can be shared, what comments can be made, bullying of teenagers. How tou can't opine on anything unless it is with a 'like us on Facebook', how websites are linked to Facebook to show photos and even contact information.

I don't want Facebook to tell me what sports are the most popular, and hence forward what sports and then what teams to support.

Football is the World game, but there is plenty of space for fanatics of all kinds of sports, and certainly plenty of potential for all sports to grow. There is also no reason why people can't enjoy many different sports at the same time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree