Wigan athletic

Wigan athletic

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
11 May 13

Well done Wigan ,i can remember when they were a non league side .
FA cup and europe next season ,great stuff.

rc

Moves
11 May 13

Originally posted by phil3000
Well done Wigan ,i can remember when they were a non league side .
FA cup and europe next season ,great stuff.
Shaun Maloney, legend!

st johnstone

Moves
11 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Shaun Maloney, legend!
my youngest (8) up at 6.30am wigan top on, said it would be 1-0 wigan with maloney to score he was half right 😀 taxi for mancini?

s

Moves
11 May 13

Awesome upset indeed! I hoped this would happen but did not believe until I saw it! What a game this was!

rc

Moves
12 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by roma45
my youngest (8) up at 6.30am wigan top on, said it would be 1-0 wigan with maloney to score he was half right 😀 taxi for mancini?
yeah I think Mancini has had enough, no wonder, you cannot expect players from Italy and South America to like it in Manchester, Spain, Italy and France yes, but Manchester?

s

Moves
12 May 13

The South American dive artists have got to have Mancini fed up more than the city itself. Aguero and Tevez are dive artists and if not diving stomping opposition literally. I'd want better digs and players. Can't even beat Wigan when it counts! LOL

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
The South American dive artists have got to have Mancini fed up more than the city itself. Aguero and Tevez are dive artists and if not diving stomping opposition literally. I'd want better digs and players. Can't even beat Wigan when it counts! LOL
Tevez was bored in Manchester, he said as much and who can blame him. Diving is endemic, not just to the South Americans. These clubs, Chelski, Chitty, they have tried to buy success and they have failed. Don't get me wrong Ferguson has made some horrendous signings as well as some outstanding ones, but he built the legendary Utd from the youth team.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 13

Tevez was bored in Manchester, he said as much and who can blame him. Diving is endemic, not just to the South Americans. These clubs, Chelski, Chitty, they have tried to buy success and they have failed. Don't get me wrong Ferguson has made some horrendous signings as well as some outstanding ones, but he built the legendary Utd from the youth team.
Failed? What on earth are you talking about?!

Since Abramovich bought the club Chelsea have won 3 League titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and the Champions League. Man City have won their first silverware for over 30 years in the last clue of seasons. How can you call that failure?

rc

Moves
12 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Failed? What on earth are you talking about?!

Since Abramovich bought the club Chelsea have won 3 League titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and the Champions League. Man City have won their first silverware for over 30 years in the last clue of seasons. How can you call that failure?
where are they this season? scrimping and scraping for places behind United. Sure if you throw enough money you will get a measure of success, but the truly great teams, the Liverpools of the eighties, the Bayern Munichs, the Manchester Uniteds, the Barcelona's were built on much more than splashing cash around.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 13
1 edit

where are they this season? scrimping and scraping for places behind United. Sure if you throw enough money you will get a measure of success, but the truly great teams, the Liverpools of the eighties, the Bayern Munichs, the Manchester Uniteds, the Barcelona's were built on much more than splashing cash around.
That's irrelevant. You can hardly call Chelsea's winnings in the Abramovich era a failure, same for Man City, they hadn't won anything for donkeys years. If I were to ask my Man City supporter friends if they thought the last few seasons were a 'failure' they'd laugh in my face.

rc

Moves
12 May 13

That's irrelevant. You can hardly call Chelsea's winnings in the Abramovich era a failure, same for Man City, they hadn't won anything for donkeys years. If I were to ask my Man City supporter friends if they thought the last few seasons were a 'failure' they'd laugh in my face.
Its not irrelevant, what have they won this season?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 13

Its not irrelevant, what have they won this season?
The issue was not what these clubs had won this season, you said these two clubs had tried to buy success and had failed. They haven't failed in the slightest.

rc

Moves
12 May 13

The issue was not what these clubs had won this season, you said these two clubs had tried to buy success and had failed. They haven't failed in the slightest.
they have this season.

st johnstone

Moves
13 May 13

they have this season.
chelsea in cup final,2nd biggest cup in europe, not really a failure. see the whole wigan team were late home.... they had to stop at ikea.... to buy a trophy cabinet... my lad did not like that joke. 😀

s

Moves
13 May 13

Very funny. I was looking at the standings. How are Wigan averting relegation with one of last two against Arsenal? Their FA cup win shows how too little too late works. Had they played everyone the way they played ManCity they would never face relegation.