1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    11 May '13 18:44
    Well done Wigan ,i can remember when they were a non league side .
    FA cup and europe next season ,great stuff.
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    11 May '13 20:17
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Well done Wigan ,i can remember when they were a non league side .
    FA cup and europe next season ,great stuff.
    Shaun Maloney, legend!
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343595
    11 May '13 21:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Shaun Maloney, legend!
    my youngest (8) up at 6.30am wigan top on, said it would be 1-0 wigan with maloney to score he was half right 😀 taxi for mancini?
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    11 May '13 23:18
    Awesome upset indeed! I hoped this would happen but did not believe until I saw it! What a game this was!
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 May '13 09:021 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    my youngest (8) up at 6.30am wigan top on, said it would be 1-0 wigan with maloney to score he was half right 😀 taxi for mancini?
    yeah I think Mancini has had enough, no wonder, you cannot expect players from Italy and South America to like it in Manchester, Spain, Italy and France yes, but Manchester?
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    12 May '13 13:35
    The South American dive artists have got to have Mancini fed up more than the city itself. Aguero and Tevez are dive artists and if not diving stomping opposition literally. I'd want better digs and players. Can't even beat Wigan when it counts! LOL
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 May '13 18:37
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The South American dive artists have got to have Mancini fed up more than the city itself. Aguero and Tevez are dive artists and if not diving stomping opposition literally. I'd want better digs and players. Can't even beat Wigan when it counts! LOL
    Tevez was bored in Manchester, he said as much and who can blame him. Diving is endemic, not just to the South Americans. These clubs, Chelski, Chitty, they have tried to buy success and they have failed. Don't get me wrong Ferguson has made some horrendous signings as well as some outstanding ones, but he built the legendary Utd from the youth team.
  8. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    12 May '13 18:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Tevez was bored in Manchester, he said as much and who can blame him. Diving is endemic, not just to the South Americans. These clubs, Chelski, Chitty, they have tried to buy success and they have failed. Don't get me wrong Ferguson has made some horrendous signings as well as some outstanding ones, but he built the legendary Utd from the youth team.
    Failed? What on earth are you talking about?!

    Since Abramovich bought the club Chelsea have won 3 League titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and the Champions League. Man City have won their first silverware for over 30 years in the last clue of seasons. How can you call that failure?
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 May '13 19:002 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Failed? What on earth are you talking about?!

    Since Abramovich bought the club Chelsea have won 3 League titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and the Champions League. Man City have won their first silverware for over 30 years in the last clue of seasons. How can you call that failure?
    where are they this season? scrimping and scraping for places behind United. Sure if you throw enough money you will get a measure of success, but the truly great teams, the Liverpools of the eighties, the Bayern Munichs, the Manchester Uniteds, the Barcelona's were built on much more than splashing cash around.
  10. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    12 May '13 19:211 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    where are they this season? scrimping and scraping for places behind United. Sure if you throw enough money you will get a measure of success, but the truly great teams, the Liverpools of the eighties, the Bayern Munichs, the Manchester Uniteds, the Barcelona's were built on much more than splashing cash around.
    That's irrelevant. You can hardly call Chelsea's winnings in the Abramovich era a failure, same for Man City, they hadn't won anything for donkeys years. If I were to ask my Man City supporter friends if they thought the last few seasons were a 'failure' they'd laugh in my face.
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 May '13 19:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That's irrelevant. You can hardly call Chelsea's winnings in the Abramovich era a failure, same for Man City, they hadn't won anything for donkeys years. If I were to ask my Man City supporter friends if they thought the last few seasons were a 'failure' they'd laugh in my face.
    Its not irrelevant, what have they won this season?
  12. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    12 May '13 20:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its not irrelevant, what have they won this season?
    The issue was not what these clubs had won this season, you said these two clubs had tried to buy success and had failed. They haven't failed in the slightest.
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 May '13 22:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The issue was not what these clubs had won this season, you said these two clubs had tried to buy success and had failed. They haven't failed in the slightest.
    they have this season.
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343595
    13 May '13 11:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they have this season.
    chelsea in cup final,2nd biggest cup in europe, not really a failure. see the whole wigan team were late home.... they had to stop at ikea.... to buy a trophy cabinet... my lad did not like that joke. 😀
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    13 May '13 12:00
    Very funny. I was looking at the standings. How are Wigan averting relegation with one of last two against Arsenal? Their FA cup win shows how too little too late works. Had they played everyone the way they played ManCity they would never face relegation.
Back to Top