Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 12 Apr '12 02:39
    All I can say is wow! Lowly Wigan beats the mighty ManU and likely avoids relegation. Some way to avoid going down and they were robbed of a goal in first half!
  2. 12 Apr '12 09:08
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    All I can say is wow! Lowly Wigan beats the mighty ManU and likely avoids relegation. Some way to avoid going down and they were robbed of a goal in first half!
    yeah Fergie stated that Wigan are really underrated, their playing ability does not
    justify their position in the league.
  3. 12 Apr '12 11:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah Fergie stated that Wigan are really underrated, their playing ability does not
    justify their position in the league.
    They are a very well coached team indeed. They played so hard yesterday I thought it was Barcelona vs ManU. If more teams played the possession game as well and as hard they'd win. EPL certainly does not appear to have any patsies!
  4. 12 Apr '12 11:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    They are a very well coached team indeed. They played so hard yesterday I thought it was Barcelona vs ManU. If more teams played the possession game as well and as hard they'd win. EPL certainly does not appear to have any patsies!
    Patsies? LOL, is that like Pansies, they're is Newcastle though, they have some real
    warmers! and Man Chitty as well. Best teams to watch are Arsenal and Tottenham and
    sometimes Liverpool when they get it right.
  5. 13 Apr '12 11:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Patsies? LOL, is that like Pansies, they're is Newcastle though, they have some real
    warmers! and Man Chitty as well. Best teams to watch are Arsenal and Tottenham and
    sometimes Liverpool when they get it right.
    NO argument there! A patsy is nothing like a pansy. It's what we call a weak team in Yankland. Of course there are bottom dwellers everywhere, yet Wigan played with a vigor and conviction rarely seen against a top flight team. I admits ManU seemed flat, but they're like a coiled snaked, lull you then bam! I see many more patsies in SerieA and in La Liga. I've been enjoying football this NFL off season. How about ManCity with that tumor removed? 4-0 against W.Brom, a real patsie, but with Balotelli in line up they would have looked listless and anemic! I am glad Arsenal beat them and Song did not suffer injury from thug Balotelli!
  6. 16 Apr '12 23:02
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    NO argument there! A patsy is nothing like a pansy. It's what we call a weak team in Yankland. Of course there are bottom dwellers everywhere, yet Wigan played with a vigor and conviction rarely seen against a top flight team. I admits ManU seemed flat, but they're like a coiled snaked, lull you then bam! I see many more patsies in SerieA and in La Liga ...[text shortened]... s and anemic! I am glad Arsenal beat them and Song did not suffer injury from thug Balotelli!
    Way to go Wigan, little engines that could and Davids to EPL's great Goliaths! 2-1 against Arsenal!
  7. 17 Apr '12 14:24
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Way to go Wigan, little engines that could and Davids to EPL's great Goliaths! 2-1 against Arsenal!
    Aye and deserved apparently too!
  8. 17 Apr '12 23:07
    I hate that people are not jumping on the Wigan bandwagon, i've been saying for the past 3 season what sort of a team they are... wait and watch them lose to Fulham next week. In the past 3 season they've been the same, beaten spurs and Chelsea then lost to little teams like Bolton or Stoke.
  9. 18 Apr '12 03:15
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I hate that people are not jumping on the Wigan bandwagon, i've been saying for the past 3 season what sort of a team they are... wait and watch them lose to Fulham next week. In the past 3 season they've been the same, beaten spurs and Chelsea then lost to little teams like Bolton or Stoke.
    Never fails, Trev33, never fails! I think they are very well coached, play very ahrd against the big boys, but indeed may lose against Fulham or Stoke! Reminds me of the mighty Yankees losing to then Washington Senators, lowliest team in MLB. Senators would always lose to the patsies then beat the Evil Empire(Yankees) handily!
  10. 18 Apr '12 12:40
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I hate that people are not jumping on the Wigan bandwagon, i've been saying for the past 3 season what sort of a team they are... wait and watch them lose to Fulham next week. In the past 3 season they've been the same, beaten spurs and Chelsea then lost to little teams like Bolton or Stoke.
    A bit like the team I support, then - they can beat Ajax one day and lose to NAC (who are they?) the next.

    Richard
  11. 18 Apr '12 21:56
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    A bit like the team I support, then - they can beat Ajax one day and lose to NAC (who are they?) the next.

    Richard
    I know NAC, i know most Dutch teams because of championship manager... plus a guy that i'm working with is Dutch.

    Which team do you support... i don;t pay enough attention to the Dutch league to tell you who the Wigan are to be honest.
  12. 19 Apr '12 21:31
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I know NAC, i know most Dutch teams because of championship manager... plus a guy that i'm working with is Dutch.

    Which team do you support... i don;t pay enough attention to the Dutch league to tell you who the Wigan are to be honest.
    FC Groningen, because my family is from that province. There are no big teams to support in the new land where I live.
    I have no idea if they could really be called "the Wigan" of Dutch football, but they do have a habit of being giant-killers one week and losing abjectly to their direct ranking rivals the next.

    Richard