1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 10:43
    Apparently the Winter Olympics have just been held in Canada?
    Does anyone apart from Canadians care?

I watched a bit of the Ski Cross which was fairly exciting, and some of that ridiculous 'Aeriels' sport - which you'd have to be mad to participate in... apart from that, it's all passed me by quite happily!
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 12:59
    Originally posted by blade68

I watched a bit of the Ski Cross which was fairly exciting, and some of that ridiculous 'Aeriels' sport - which you'd have to be mad to participate in... apart from that, it's all passed me by quite happily!
    Good for you! The rest of us who do care were treated to gritty performances, great sports drama, a great host nation treating their guests well enough to make them want to stay, glitch free events and wonderful athletics displayed! Too bad you don't care! I'm sorry the games are over!
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 14:32
    Most people I speak to aren't even bothered about the 2012 Summer Olympics, and they're held here!
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 19:32
    Most people I speak to aren't even bothered about the 2012 Summer Olympics, and they're held here!
    Perhaps they should have gave them to a country who actually wanted them?
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 23:07
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Blade projects. Brits are sports crazy. Perhaps not as much as Yanks or Canadians, but they're up there. I love most sports so I'll watch almost anything. Canada put up some of the best winter games I've seen! I am proud of our neighbors to the north and know they are a glowing nation full of Canadian pride. They acquitted themselves with honor! I know the London games will be great!
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 23:30
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Blade projects. Brits are sports crazy. Perhaps not as much as Yanks or Canadians, but they're up there. I love most sports so I'll watch almost anything. Canada put up some of the best winter games I've seen! I am proud of our neighbors to the north and know they are a glowing nation full of Canadian pride. They acquitted themselves with honor! I know the London games will be great!
    brits like any sport they're good at.

skeleton... wft's that? who cares?

wait, we won? WOOHOO... party time.
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 23:44

Do you care about any sports? If not, what are you doing in the sports forum. Go bother the religous wonks in the spiritual forums.
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 20:00
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I agree.
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 20:05
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Do you care about any sports? If not, what are you doing in the sports forum. Go bother the religous wonks in the spiritual forums.
    Yes, I care about a lot of sports...just not the Olympics...

That said, I do find myself reminiscing about the halcyon days of Coe and Ovett...ahhh yes.... the 1980 Games was something special... getting home from school, muching on a Curly Wurly and watching England (Coe and Ovett were English, I don't believe in all this GB garbage - Alan Wells was Scottish) kick everyone's derriere on the running track... Starsky & Hutch... Tales Of The Unexpected.... John Craven's Newsround... Swap Shop... ok I'll shut up now!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 03:151 edit
    Yes, I care about a lot of sports...just not the Olympics...

That said, I do find myself reminiscing about the halcyon days of Coe and Ovett...ahhh yes.... the 1980 Games was something special... getting home from school, muching on a Curly Wurly and watching England (Coe and Ovett were English, I don't believe in all this GB garbage - Alan Wells was Scot ... Tales Of The Unexpected.... John Craven's Newsround... Swap Shop... ok I'll shut up now!
    You are just as entitled to your opinion as any of the rest of us are.

Pay him no attention! 😉

Oh Wait...I guess he would be entitled to his too! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree