1. Santiago
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 22:15
    Not at all convinced by Colombia. They have something for sure, but they are missing essential ingrediant, too. Tim Vickery on the BBC will be a good read nearer the tournament.

In the qualifiers, Chile went 0-3 up in Colombia in the penultimate game. Colombia came back and drew it, but that was after Chile had a man sent off and I think Colombia were given two penalties.

Colombia can't afford to have a first half like that against a strong team in the WC.

A toss up at this stage between Brasil, Argentina and Germany. And Brasil only in the mix for home advantage euphoria.

My dark horse - Uruguay. They faltered after winning the Continental title, but came back very strongly to qualify. Imperious in fact. Suarez is on fire and his strike partner aint bad either. They have history in Brasil, and would love to come up against either Brasil or Argentina at some stage. If the odds are good for those games look to back em.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 16:13
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Not at all convinced by Colombia. They have something for sure, but they are missing essential ingrediant, too. Tim Vickery on the BBC will be a good read nearer the tournament.

In the qualifiers, Chile went 0-3 up in Colombia in the penultimate game. Colombia came back and drew it, but that was after Chile had a man sent off and I think Colombia were giv ...[text shortened]... either Brasil or Argentina at some stage. If the odds are good for those games look to back em.
    Colombia are much better than Uruguay, so are Chile.

Their defence is old, I'll admit they have two of the best forward players at the WC but the rest of the team is lacking.

They did get a nice draw though.

Maybe last 8 but certainly no further. Colombia run into Brazil in the last 8 if they both wins their groups - that's match I'm looking forward to.

It will probably be a Brazil vs Germany final but there should be some good match in-between.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 14:18
    In fact I think Brasil will either win or go down in a catastrophe at some point when players crack from too much anticipation.

Germany could win. But would need some luck. Our defence is not as well as it should be. Italy however could win if they manage to make enough goals (that is about 1 per game).
    Argentina always a strong competitor.

But as someone said early in the thread we should wait with forecasts until May or thereabouts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree