1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 14:26
    Who was the worst quarterback ever to win a super bowl? If the Bears win it automatically goes to Rex GROSSman.

Besides that, in previous SB history, who was the worst to win it all?
  2. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 15:24
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Who was the worst quarterback ever to win a super bowl? If the Bears win it automatically goes to Rex GROSSman.

Ben Roethlesburger!
  3. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 17:13
    Trent Dilfer?
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 19:28
    Originally posted by PocketKings

But then again you have to take into account that every team who has ever won a Super Bowl, all he QB's on that team won the Super Bowl whether they played in it or the season or not! So it would kind of be hard to determine the worst! Instead you should have posted it as The Worst Starting QB in the Super Bowl to win!
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 20:06
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    But then again you have to take into account that every team who has ever won a Super Bowl, all he QB's on that team won the Super Bowl whether they played in it or the season or not! So it would kind of be hard to determine the worst! Instead you should have posted it as The Worst Starting QB in the Super Bowl to win!
    And there is more than one John Lennon in the world, so its tough to determine which John Lennon you are really referring to. Perhaps you should have named yourself JohnLennonoftheBeatlesForever. 😛
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 20:38
    I would say Dilfer off hand. His numbers for the Ravens were very similar to Grossman's this year considering he started only 8 games that year - 12 TD's, 11 INT's 6.65 Yds per ATT v. 23 TDs, 20 INTs and 6.65 YPT for Grossman in 2006. Dilfer's pass rating was slightly higher because he had a 59.3% Comp Pct compared to Grossman's 54.6%. If the Bears win, Grossman would be in the running.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 20:52
    In looking down the list, very few of the winning quarterbacks aren't either Hall of Famers or among the top quarterbacks that year. The only exceptions I see would be McMahon, Hostetler and Williams. McMahon had a very good year in 1985 and Williams threw 11 TD's and averaged over 8 yards per pass attempt in the 5 games he played in the year he started for the Redskins in the Super Bowl. Hoss played only because of an injury to Simms; he had thrown only 87 passes that year.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 20:531 edit
    Big Ben had a terrible SB performance last year against Seattle, however he had been a very good QB for most of that season. In fact, the Steelers would never have made the playoffs if it weren't for him. Obviously, subsequent to those events he has sucked (bringing this Seattle fan a considerable amount of schadenfreude). Nevertheless, I think it would be unfair to use this year's stats to judge him as the 2006 SB-winning QB.

Trent Dilfer would be my nominee from recent history. I'll immediately elect "Train" Rex though if Chicago wins.
  9. Joined
    12 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 21:111 edit
    Gotta go to our favorite Bears quarterback right now. IF they win. Probably the only reason I vote this is because of the fact that I am a Packer Backer. Oh, and the Vikings haven't won a Bowl yet. Hehe.
  10. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 23:05
    You can't win a SuperBowl with the worst Quarterback you ignorant a$$holes

Rex grossman would have 4 championships and ten years from now, some idiots would start a thread like this

"Whose the worst quarterback to win 4 superbowls? REX GROSSMAN, HE SUXXORS!!11!!1!!1!one!!!1!eleventey!1!!11!!!!!"
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 06:45
    Originally posted by Hypa
    You can't win a SuperBowl with the worst Quarterback you ignorant a$$holes

Rex grossman would have 4 championships and ten years from now, some idiots would start a thread like this

"Whose the worst quarterback to win 4 superbowls? REX GROSSMAN, HE SUXXORS!!11!!1!!1!one!!!1!eleventey!1!!11!!!!!"
    Wow . . . for a guy whose team just made it to the SB for the first time in over 20 years, you sure are miserable.
  12. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 07:25
    Grossman sucks.
  13. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 13:09
    Originally posted by slimjim
    Grossman sucks.
    I'll second that
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 14:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 15:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    ROFLMAO No I'm just merely making a point! I know what he meant, I am just being an a** about it! Cause what I"m saying is true, and you know it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree