Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    25 Jul '08 17:18
    The greatest rivalry in sports heats up again tonight in the historic bandbox in Beantown. Jaba v. Beckett in game 1, although Beckett must be terrible according to one poster here because he has a 3.90 something ERA. Yanks are only three back of the Sox and Jays and have come out of the All-Star break with 6 wins against wild card contenders Oakland and Minnesota. But the big show starts tonight.
  2. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    25 Jul '08 18:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The greatest rivalry in sports heats up again tonight in the historic bandbox in Beantown. Jaba v. Beckett in game 1, although Beckett must be terrible according to one poster here because he has a 3.90 something ERA. Yanks are only three back of the Sox and Jays and have come out of the All-Star break with 6 wins against wild card contenders Oakland and Minnesota. But the big show starts tonight.
  3. 25 Jul '08 20:06
    Go sox! what time is the game on? (Eastern Time)
  4. 25 Jul '08 20:43
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Go sox! what time is the game on? (Eastern Time)
    7:05
  5. 25 Jul '08 22:01 / 1 edit
    Sorry - Buckeyes/Wolverines is the greatest sports rivalry. But Bosox/Yanks is 2nd.
  6. 26 Jul '08 01:00
    Go Rays!!
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Jul '08 12:37
    What a game! Jaba is great, Beckett was great and the Yanks win 1-0 on a Giambi infield hit! That's baseball!
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    26 Jul '08 14:25
    What a game! Jaba is great, Beckett was great and the Yanks win 1-0 on a Giambi infield hit! That's baseball!
    Yankees SUK!

P-
  9. 26 Jul '08 15:31
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Sorry - Buckeyes/Wolverines is the greatest sports rivalry. But Bosox/Yanks is 2nd.
    Come on, missouri/kansas basketball is the greatest rivalry in sports.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Jul '08 16:01
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yankees SUK!

P-
    HA! Number 27 is a-coming!
  11. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    27 Jul '08 01:53
    Seriously, this rivalry has lost its appeal on me. I'm sick of both of those teams.
  12. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    27 Jul '08 01:56
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Come on, missouri/kansas basketball is the greatest rivalry in sports.
    If you want to be a comedian, that's a great start. UNC/Duke has the college basketball greatest rivalry locked up. And going back in history, the Big Five teams and the Ivy's have even greater rivalry tradition, even if they suck these days.
  13. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    27 Jul '08 02:15
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    If you want to be a comedian, that's a great start. UNC/Duke has the college basketball greatest rivalry locked up. And going back in history, the Big Five teams and the Ivy's have even greater rivalry tradition, even if they suck these days.
    How 'bout them Phillies?
  14. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    27 Jul '08 02:39
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    How 'bout them Phillies?
    I was there today, it was an amazing comeback!

All the fans stayed after giving up 9 runs in one inning, I sure wasn't leaving. The comeback was really exciting.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Jul '08 04:47
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Seriously, this rivalry has lost its appeal on me. I'm sick of both of those teams.
    Not everybody appreciates tradition. There's always NASCAR or women's volleyball for people like you to watch.