1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 17:18
    The greatest rivalry in sports heats up again tonight in the historic bandbox in Beantown. Jaba v. Beckett in game 1, although Beckett must be terrible according to one poster here because he has a 3.90 something ERA. Yanks are only three back of the Sox and Jays and have come out of the All-Star break with 6 wins against wild card contenders Oakland and Minnesota. But the big show starts tonight.
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 18:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The greatest rivalry in sports heats up again tonight in the historic bandbox in Beantown. Jaba v. Beckett in game 1, although Beckett must be terrible according to one poster here because he has a 3.90 something ERA. Yanks are only three back of the Sox and Jays and have come out of the All-Star break with 6 wins against wild card contenders Oakland and Minnesota. But the big show starts tonight.
    😴 😴 😴
  3. USA
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 20:06
    Go sox! what time is the game on? (Eastern Time)
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 20:43
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Go sox! what time is the game on? (Eastern Time)
    7:05
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 22:011 edit
    Sorry - Buckeyes/Wolverines is the greatest sports rivalry. But Bosox/Yanks is 2nd.
  6. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 01:00
    Go Rays!!
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 12:37
    What a game! Jaba is great, Beckett was great and the Yanks win 1-0 on a Giambi infield hit! That's baseball!
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 14:25
    What a game! Jaba is great, Beckett was great and the Yanks win 1-0 on a Giambi infield hit! That's baseball!
    Yankees SUK!

P-
  9. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 15:31
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Sorry - Buckeyes/Wolverines is the greatest sports rivalry. But Bosox/Yanks is 2nd.
    Come on, missouri/kansas basketball is the greatest rivalry in sports.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jul '08 16:01
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yankees SUK!

P-
    HA! Number 27 is a-coming!
  11. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 01:53
    😴 Seriously, this rivalry has lost its appeal on me. I'm sick of both of those teams.
  12. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 01:56
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Come on, missouri/kansas basketball is the greatest rivalry in sports.
    If you want to be a comedian, that's a great start. UNC/Duke has the college basketball greatest rivalry locked up. And going back in history, the Big Five teams and the Ivy's have even greater rivalry tradition, even if they suck these days.
  13. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 02:15
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    If you want to be a comedian, that's a great start. UNC/Duke has the college basketball greatest rivalry locked up. And going back in history, the Big Five teams and the Ivy's have even greater rivalry tradition, even if they suck these days.
    How 'bout them Phillies? 😛
  14. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 02:39
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    How 'bout them Phillies? 😛
    I was there today, it was an amazing comeback!

All the fans stayed after giving up 9 runs in one inning, I sure wasn't leaving. The comeback was really exciting.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jul '08 04:47
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    😴 Seriously, this rivalry has lost its appeal on me. I'm sick of both of those teams.
    Not everybody appreciates tradition. There's always NASCAR or women's volleyball for people like you to watch.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree