1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:48
    That's right gang, it's been two whole years since the Yankees were in the playoffs.

To put this in perspective, in dog years that about 10 years.

Why the long drought? WIll such a drought ever happen again?
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 20:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    That's right gang, it's been two whole years since the Yankees were in the playoffs.

I hope it happens every year. The only reason the Yankees normally do well is their over inflated payroll. If they had the same amount of $$ to spend as the other teams like the NFL, they'd have 1 world series title, and 2 trips to the playoffs in the last 40 years.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 02:55
    Originally posted by bill718
    I hope it happens every year. The only reason the Yankees normally do well is their over inflated payroll. If they had the same amount of $$ to spend as the other teams like the NFL, they'd have 1 world series title, and 2 trips to the playoffs in the last 40 years.
    It's pay up or shut up.

A small market team has not won the World Series since the 1990's, and perhaps never will again.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 01:57
    I know things are looking bleak for the Reds these days. They finished 36 games out of first place with no hope for the future.

But by God, Joey Votto just obtained the MLB record for the most walks this year at 143!

YEEESSSS!!!! Go Reds!!!! 😵
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 10:44
    I say other teams can keep great hitters like Mike Trout. Do you know why? It's because it takes a man to get up to the plate and take pitches instead of hitting home runs cause they are soooo afraid to strike out. I say Mike Trout has the courage of a little school girl, but that's just me.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 08:37

Ha
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 14:201 edit

10 years, you are crying about 10 years...I think the number is 107 years since the Cubs
    won the World Series. 🙂
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 10:53
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    10 years, you are crying about 10 years...I think the number is 107 years since the Cubs
    won the World Series. 🙂
    No, no, I was saying that 2 years to a Yankee fan is like 10 years.

But hey, the Cubs just beat the Pirates in the playoffs. God speed playing against the source of all evil in the known universe that resides in St. Louis.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '15 03:04
    No, no, I was saying that 2 years to a Yankee fan is like 10 years.

But hey, the Cubs just beat the Pirates in the playoffs. God speed playing against the source of all evil in the known universe that resides in St. Louis.
    I grew up equally close to both teams, most families are split 50% where I lived then on
    who they root for. I can only imagine what the Mid-West is like now. 🙂
  10. Joined
    11 Jan '09
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 17:31
    I believe the KC Royals are a small market team, and are poised to beat the Mets and win the WS.
  11. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 04:18

They didn't last long, did they? One and done against the Astros, another feel good story, along with the Cubs.
  12. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 07:02
    I say other teams can keep great hitters like Mike Trout. Do you know why? It's because it takes a man to get up to the plate and take pitches instead of hitting home runs cause they are soooo afraid to strike out. I say Mike Trout has the courage of a little school girl, but that's just me.
    The way to win games is to play small ball. That is how the Yankees won those championships. Make the pitcher keep throwing that ball, run up the count, so they have to take the pitcher out after the third inning. I don't question any of their guts, or how tough they are. I think you have to be tough just to make it to the show. But I would rather have guys who hit the ball and get on base, then hit homers. Oh, sorry, pitching actually wins games, but we are talking hitting. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree