Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    15 Jul '07 20:23
    This was me when there is surfing on the TV.
    Seriously, who decided this hippie, beach-bum crap is a sport?

    I always thought Formula 1 or Moto GP was bad, but at least they have crashes where someone has to sprint from a burning wreck.

    What's exiting about surfing?
    "Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, have a spliff... Radical!"
    "Whoa! I thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."


    What a crock.
  2. 15 Jul '07 21:04
    not a fan then?
  3. 18 Jul '07 12:57
    Originally posted by Crowley
    This was me when there is surfing on the TV.
    Seriously, who decided this hippie, beach-bum crap is a sport?

    I always thought Formula 1 or Moto GP was bad, but at least they have crashes where someone has to sprint from a burning wreck.

    What's exiting about surfing?
    "Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, ha ...[text shortened]... thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."


    What a crock.
    Whatever next....marbles!!!
  4. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    18 Jul '07 16:04
    Agreed. It's even worse than curling.
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    18 Jul '07 16:12
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Agreed. It's even worse than curling.
    What the hell is wrong with curling?

    P-
  6. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    18 Jul '07 16:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What the hell is wrong with curling?

    P-
    Anyone that likes baseball isn't worth my time in discussing these matters.
  7. 18 Jul '07 22:33
    Originally posted by Crowley
    This was me when there is surfing on the TV.
    Seriously, who decided this hippie, beach-bum crap is a sport?

    I always thought Formula 1 or Moto GP was bad, but at least they have crashes where someone has to sprint from a burning wreck.

    What's exiting about surfing?
    "Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, ha ...[text shortened]... thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."


    What a crock.
    What's exciting about surfing?
    Have you ever done it? Apart from sex there's nothing better than the feeling you get on a wave.
  8. 19 Jul '07 00:45
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Whatever next....marbles!!!
    I'm waiting for Team Rock-Paper-Scissors
  9. 19 Jul '07 03:14
    Originally posted by amannion
    What's exciting about surfing?
    Have you ever done it? Apart from sex there's nothing better than the feeling you get on a wave.
    I don't doubt that for a minute. Both my brothers a keen surfers and say the same thing.

    Unfortunately, the feeling you get watching someone else surfing is not quite the same as watching someone else having sex.......
  10. 19 Jul '07 06:20
    Originally posted by Crita
    I don't doubt that for a minute. Both my brothers a keen surfers and say the same thing.

    Unfortunately, the feeling you get watching someone else surfing is not quite the same as watching someone else having sex.......
    LOL.
    Yeah, good point.
    Although, if you are into surfing, you're quite often happy to watch others do it.
    Actually, the funny thing about surfing unliek most other sports is you're often pretty happy just to watch the venue itself - that is, the waves and the sea.
    I remember a quote from a surfing documentary about this - something along the lines that surfers love to just watch the waves, but how many tennis players love watching a tennis court?
  11. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    19 Jul '07 09:08
    Originally posted by amannion
    LOL.
    Yeah, good point.
    Although, if you are into surfing, you're quite often happy to watch others do it.
    Actually, the funny thing about surfing unliek most other sports is you're often pretty happy just to watch the venue itself - that is, the waves and the sea.
    I remember a quote from a surfing documentary about this - something along the lines that ...[text shortened]... urfers love to just watch the waves, but how many tennis players love watching a tennis court?
    So, are you a hippie, bum or both?
  12. Standard member Cityblue
    Moonchester
    19 Jul '07 14:11
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Whatever next....marbles!!!
    I heard that synchronised underwater basket weaving was being introduced for the 2012 olympics!!
  13. Standard member Tirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    19 Jul '07 18:30
    Must admit I love a great wild beach with waves crashing etc.. photography is a passion but surfies are everywhere these days messing things up, taking over. Surfing does nothing for me except the babes on the the beach.. but don't get caught peeking cos she'll "fckg punch you owt perv" Laugh the best beach days are when the wind is wild in the wrong direction and they are all in a row looking peeved at the wild choppy or dead calm seas.

    Take that surf smurfs..
  14. 19 Jul '07 22:31
    Originally posted by Crowley
    So, are you a hippie, bum or both?
    Neither, just a regular chump with a job and a family and a love of the outdoors which includes getting wet in the waves ...
  15. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    20 Jul '07 05:03
    Originally posted by Crowley
    This was me when there is surfing on the TV.
    Seriously, who decided this hippie, beach-bum crap is a sport?

    I always thought Formula 1 or Moto GP was bad, but at least they have crashes where someone has to sprint from a burning wreck.

    What's exiting about surfing?
    "Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, ha ...[text shortened]... thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."


    What a crock.
    New thing all the idiots do at the Jersey shore is noseriding. They'll noseride for about three feet in a foot of water then fall off the board. I think New Jersey should have to choose - either we have surfing, or 14-year-old girls trying to look 30.