1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 20:23
    This was me when there is surfing on the TV.
    Seriously, who decided this hippie, beach-bum crap is a sport?

I always thought Formula 1 or Moto GP was bad, but at least they have crashes where someone has to sprint from a burning wreck.

What's exiting about surfing?
    "Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, have a spliff... Radical!"
    "Whoa! I thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."

What a crock.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 21:04
    not a fan then?
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 12:57
    Originally posted by Crowley

I always thought Formula 1 or Moto GP was bad, but at least they have crashes where someone has to sprint from a burning wreck.

"Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, ha ...[text shortened]... thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."

What a crock.
    Whatever next....marbles!!!
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 16:04
    Agreed. It's even worse than curling.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 16:12
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Agreed. It's even worse than curling.
    What the hell is wrong with curling?

P-
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 16:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What the hell is wrong with curling?

P-
    Anyone that likes baseball isn't worth my time in discussing these matters.
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 22:33

"Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, ha ...[text shortened]... thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."

What a crock.
    What's exciting about surfing?
    Have you ever done it? Apart from sex there's nothing better than the feeling you get on a wave.
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 00:45
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    I'm waiting for Team Rock-Paper-Scissors
  9. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 03:14
    Originally posted by amannion
    What's exciting about surfing?
    Have you ever done it? Apart from sex there's nothing better than the feeling you get on a wave.
    I don't doubt that for a minute. Both my brothers a keen surfers and say the same thing.

Unfortunately, the feeling you get watching someone else surfing is not quite the same as watching someone else having sex.......
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 06:20
    Originally posted by Crita
    I don't doubt that for a minute. Both my brothers a keen surfers and say the same thing.

Unfortunately, the feeling you get watching someone else surfing is not quite the same as watching someone else having sex.......
    LOL.
    Yeah, good point.
    Although, if you are into surfing, you're quite often happy to watch others do it.
    Actually, the funny thing about surfing unliek most other sports is you're often pretty happy just to watch the venue itself - that is, the waves and the sea.
    I remember a quote from a surfing documentary about this - something along the lines that surfers love to just watch the waves, but how many tennis players love watching a tennis court?
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 09:08
    Originally posted by amannion
    LOL.
    Yeah, good point.
    Although, if you are into surfing, you're quite often happy to watch others do it.
    Actually, the funny thing about surfing unliek most other sports is you're often pretty happy just to watch the venue itself - that is, the waves and the sea.
    I remember a quote from a surfing documentary about this - something along the lines that ...[text shortened]... urfers love to just watch the waves, but how many tennis players love watching a tennis court?
    So, are you a hippie, bum or both?
  12. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 14:11
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    I heard that synchronised underwater basket weaving was being introduced for the 2012 olympics!!
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 18:30
    Must admit I love a great wild beach with waves crashing etc.. photography is a passion but surfies are everywhere these days messing things up, taking over. Surfing does nothing for me except the babes on the the beach.. but don't get caught peeking cos she'll "fckg punch you owt perv" Laugh the best beach days are when the wind is wild in the wrong direction and they are all in a row looking peeved at the wild choppy or dead calm seas.

Take that surf smurfs..
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 22:31
    So, are you a hippie, bum or both?
    Neither, just a regular chump with a job and a family and a love of the outdoors which includes getting wet in the waves ...
  15. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 05:03

What a crock.
    New thing all the idiots do at the Jersey shore is noseriding. They'll noseride for about three feet in a foot of water then fall off the board. I think New Jersey should have to choose - either we have surfing, or 14-year-old girls trying to look 30.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree