1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '23 10:43
    I've started using AI to write code, and so far the challenge has been wording the questions properly, I've been very pleased with the results. I have a friend who used it to write a song, and it was actually pretty good. Does anyone else use it?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Apr '23 12:05
    @kellyjay said
    I've started using AI to write code, and so far the challenge has been wording the questions properly, I've been very pleased with the results. I have a friend who used it to write a song, and it was actually pretty good. Does anyone else use it?
    I've persuaded it to write a pretty decent limerick. Only needed one prompt after its abominable first try.

I've played with it a bit, and it keeps disappointing me. What's your experience?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '23 16:361 edit
    @kewpie said
    I've persuaded it to write a pretty decent limerick. Only needed one prompt after its abominable first try.

I've played with it a bit, and it keeps disappointing me. What's your experience?
    Getting it to write code was a learning experience, I wanted it to help me roll up some data so a few of the first things I figured out since I knew the script was going to be used over and over to say things like, "With VBA read this file which could vary in length, the headers are on row 7, and write..." That said use VBA, read the file, and check out the length because I don't know what it could be. Other little things once I realized what it was doing and why made using it easier to use.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Apr '23 19:33
    One of the Wordle-clone writers persuaded it to create and code the Sumplete game. But it wasn't original, bot's just cobbled together a game from other games in its database. I've played Sumplete many times and it has multiple solutions, which is not acceptable in my critical view.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '23 23:57
    @kewpie said
    One of the Wordle-clone writers persuaded it to create and code the Sumplete game. But it wasn't original, bot's just cobbled together a game from other games in its database. I've played Sumplete many times and it has multiple solutions, which is not acceptable in my critical view.
    I'm simply rolling up data for some Excel applications it isn't like I'm trying to write an operating system. See this do that when this and that are a little complex it has been getting it done.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '23 05:40
    @kellyjay said
    I'm simply rolling up data for some Excel applications it isn't like I'm trying to write an operating system. See this do that when this and that are a little complex it has been getting it done.
    Curious: Which AI platform are you using and how do you get it analysis a file elsewhere on your computer?

(Someone who knows nothing about AI platforms)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree