1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '20 15:10
    @WOLFE63
    It goes like this: The word "HAM" as applied to 1908 was the station CALL of the first amateur wireless stations operated by some amateurs of the Harvard Radio Club. They were ALBERT S. HYMAN, BOB ALMY and POOGIE MURRAY. At first they called their station "HYMAN-ALMY-MURRAY".

Ham, short for Hyman-Almy-Murray over 100 years ago when radio was new.
  2. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 18:521 edit
    hope you have your HAM rig all set up in your new location. Are you getting information about Corona, (from various places), that isn't part of the main news outlets?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Mar '20 19:57
    @ogb
    Not really, just grumbling right wingers who don't believe there is a crisis. BTW, I only have the one location, I don't have a second one. I only have a home made fan dipole which seems to half ass work and a 10 year old ham rig, a good one though.
  4. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    29 Mar '20 14:09
    Ham radios will be important in the near future, as society breaks down and all news stations will be gone.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 16:13
    @ogb
    I don't see it getting that bad but time will tell. At least Trump waffled again, now it's the END of April to open the country, as if that would work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree