1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Nov '04 12:25
    People have reported losing points when resigning under 2 moves in thematic tournaments. The cause has been discovered.

This will only occur when it is a thematic, your opponent is black and moves first, and then you resign. (The original code not being designed to support thematic, and this is a subtle bug that reflects that.)

Now, the issue remains, that resigning tournament games, regardless of the number of moves, should penalise players anyway. (IMHO)

Now, it is evident this has not been the case for a couple of years, so I am happy to leave as is (with above bug fixed). But if people feel differently, then please let me know.

-Russ
  2. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    15 Nov '04 19:55
    i agree with your "ho"

i think tournament games should be rated from the off and have been under the impression until recently that this is so.

good that challenges are unrated till 2 moves and clan games remain a grey area for me.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Nov '04 20:26
    I think they should be rated from the off as well.

D
  4. Joined
    20 Jun '04
    Moves
    15 Nov '04 21:20
    In the Help you can read:
    "If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player."
    That's very clear to me.
  5. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    16 Nov '04 08:58
    It works either way. As long as the rules are known before the start of a tournament. If there was a way to better control total duration of a tournament round, and the start date of a new round was known in advance, then I would vote for the penalised withdrawal as well.

ps. still waiting to see my rating restored. Perhaps manual adjustment is needed.
  6. Joined
    20 Jun '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '04 20:33
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    It works either way. As long as the rules are known before the start of a tournament. If there was a way to better control total duration of a tournament round, and the start date of a new round was known in advance, then I would vote for the penalised withdrawal as well.

ps. still waiting to see my rating restored. Perhaps manual adjustment is needed.
    p.ps. i'm also still waiting to see my rating restored. Perhaps manual adjustment is needed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree