Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    25 Jul '15 21:16
    How about creating 1 day tournaments with 21 competitors and having no time bank?
  2. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    28 Jul '15 13:30
    Think I've seen 1,0 tournaments in the past.
    Another option is join a club and ask the leader to create one
  3. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    01 Aug '15 03:36
    Originally posted by venda
    Think I've seen 1,0 tournaments in the past.
    Another option is join a club and ask the leader to create one
    Yes but I'm looking for big groups of 21 players but not 8 thanks for the advice
  4. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    01 Aug '15 06:45
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    How about creating 1 day tournaments with 21 competitors and having no time bank?
    Since you are clan captain you can set up tournaments...
  5. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    04 Aug '15 12:32
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes but I'm looking for big groups of 21 players but not 8 thanks for the advice
    Club 229
    I suggest you join Popeye(see above) and look at what Leur is offering today.
  6. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    04 Aug '15 20:27
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes but I'm looking for big groups of 21 players but not 8 thanks for the advice
    Another thing about Leur is that if it's possible he'll set up any type of tournament he is asked for.
    It can't hurt to give it a try
    Club 229
  7. 23 Sep '15 11:25
    The problem with tournaments like this is that you can sign up for them today, but the last player might not sign up until a few days later. Suddenly you get a bunch of 1 day no timebank games all starting on a day you were not expecting and you lose loads through timeout.
  8. 25 Sep '15 01:32
    Originally posted by venda
    ...Another thing about Leur is that if it's possible he'll set up any type of tournament he is asked for.
    Bring a 6 pack of Lone Star tall boys and Leur will set up a tournament with a written guarantee that you will win.
  9. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    29 Sep '15 18:15
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Bring a 6 pack of Lone Star tall boys and Leur will set up a tournament with a written guarantee that you will win.
    Yes, he will...
  10. Subscriber koops
    Koop da Dog
    31 Oct '15 23:15
    Why are you playing 932 games and want play a 1 day time out? You would lose all your games? You shouldn't play so many tournament s if you can't keep up with what games you have, ???
  11. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    06 Nov '15 14:12
    Originally posted by BaronVonChickenpants
    The problem with tournaments like this is that you can sign up for them today, but the last player might not sign up until a few days later. Suddenly you get a bunch of 1 day no timebank games all starting on a day you were not expecting and you lose loads through timeout.
    Your rating doesn't move though until 2 moves.
  12. Subscriber koops
    Koop da Dog
    12 Nov '15 06:58
    Well ,what s your answer? ?