1. Joined
    03 Nov '04
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 10:35
    Hi Folks, fairly new here but enjoying it.

However, intrigued that no one can say for certain how many people get through to the next round !

I'm having a decent run, lots of wins and just one defeat so far, so I fancy my chances for 2nd place...will i be disappointed ?

I mean what happened last year ? Presumably about the same number entered - what was the format then ??

Questions questions....!
  2. Copenhagen
    Moves
    04 Feb '05 19:00
    Originally posted by JimmyBilly

However, intrigued that no one can say for certain how many people get through to the next round !

I'm having a decent run, lots of wins and just one defeat so far, so I fancy my chances for 2nd place...will i be disappointed ?

I mean what happened last year ? Presumably about the same number entered - what was the format then ??

Questions questions....!
    Questions questions, two of them as far as I could see...

1: I don't think anyone knows how many proceed to the next round. Try to send a personal message to russ, perhaps he knows. If he answers post it here 😉

2: This is the first annual championship, so there aren't any references to last year.

nicky
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    05 Feb '05 00:40
    Originally posted by nickybutt

1: I don't think anyone knows how many proceed to the next round. Try to send a personal message to russ, perhaps he knows. If he answers post it here 😉

2: This is the first annual championship, so there aren't any references to last year.

nicky
    in all tournaments so far... the top scoring player from each group will progress.

if two or more players score the same number of points then they all progress

3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
  4. Standard memberLazerblue
    Planet Eater
    Manchester UK
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 12:56
    Originally posted by thecheat2
    Man I wish I was in that group.
    Yeah, me too :-)
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 13:49
    Originally posted by flexmore
    in all tournaments so far... the top scoring player from each group will progress.

if two or more players score the same number of points then they all progress

3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
    Which is why each group should be broken out as a separate tournament so we can see the darn thing and know how we are
    doing over all. It is stupid that if you want to limit your games and
    you are going on to the next round you cannot know about that
    ahead of time because you don't have any idea your at the top
    of your group.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '05 15:43
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Which is why each group should be broken out as a separate tournament so we can see the darn thing and know how we are
    doing over all. It is stupid that if you want to limit your games and
    you are going on to the next round you cannot know about that
    ahead of time because you don't have any idea your at the top
    of your group.
    Kelly
    I have a simple solution to that, win all your games and then you don't have to worry about it, you'll automatically advance to the next round. Plus I don't get all this talk about hoping top 2 atleast advance, in every tournament its always the same and even at the top of tourney pages its there, 3 points for a win 1 for a draw and the top player from each group advances, so thats how it is. And if two or even 3 people tie they all move on to the next round.
  7. Joined
    03 Nov '04
    Moves
    08 Feb '05 20:47
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    I have a simple solution to that, win all your games and then you don't have to worry about it, you'll automatically advance to the next round. Plus I don't get all this talk about hoping top 2 atleast advance, in every tournament its always the same and even at the top of tourney pages its there, 3 points for a win 1 for a draw and the top player fro ...[text shortened]... dvances, so thats how it is. And if two or even 3 people tie they all move on to the next round.
    What are you like ??!!

"Just win all your games meathead, and you'll advance" LOL !!

Personally I deliberately lose about 20% of all my games to keep me humble, so if you've played me and won, you didn't really...ne ne na na !

😀
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 00:19
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    LOL, Marin[b]akatomb 😉[/b]
    ...Marinkatomb 😉
  9. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 12:45
    Originally posted by JimmyBilly

Questions questions....!

1: The people who get the same largest number of points from their group at the end of round all proceed to the next round. I don't think anyone knows who these people will be. Try to send a personal message to your clairvoyant, perhaps he/she knows. If he/she answers post it here

2: This is the second annual championship. Tournament 414

flecksy
  10. Berks.
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 18:49
    Originally posted by flexmore

1: The people who get the same largest number of points from their group at the end of round all proceed to the next round. I don't think anyone knows who these people will be. Try to send a personal message to your clairvoyant, perhaps he/she knows. If he/she answers post it here

2: This is the second annual championship. Tournament 414

flecksy
    Actually it's the first. Check the dates.

Marinakatomb 😉 was having a little fun.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree