1. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 17:22
    Hawaiianhomegrown won the 0-1299 section of the 2006 Ladies Open.

I have sent her a PM asking for an address to mail the ash grey RHP t-shirt.

caissad4 won the 1300+ section and has her ash grey RHP t-shirt. 😡

I'd like to sponsor this even for 2007, but I won't sponsor it again if we can't keep the men out of the tournament. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could do this?
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 17:291 edit
    Originally posted by arrakis

I'd like to sponsor this even for 2007, but I won't sponsor it again if we can't keep the men out of the tournament. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could do this?
    Wow that's great so a female did win it, I always assumed caissad4 would win, but thought one of the 'jerks' would win the other one, great news that they did not.

Why don't you get Russ to do it as a private tournament, so some control can be exercised on who enters?
  3. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 17:432 edits
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Wow that's great so a female did win it, I always assumed caissad4 would win, but thought one of the 'jerks' would win the other one, great news that they did not.

Why don't you get Russ to do it as a private tournament, so some control can be exercised on who enters?
    Russ said he couldn't determine who was male or female, so if I set it up as a private tournament how would I determine that?

BTW, I know caissad4 is a female but I don't know about Hawaiianhomegrown.
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 17:561 edit
    Russ said he couldn't determine who was male or female, so if I set it up as a private tournament how would I determine that?

I don't think 'he' is I went through some of his posts and come accross this

"Sorry but I live on the opposite side of the island from my girlfriend and so sex is on my mind alot during the weekdays, when I can't get none."

Unless he is a she who is a lesbian of course, but in a a leter post I read a refernce to too much gay sex in a film so I guess not, looks like he is just one of the jerks that entered and put a lot of the genuine females off
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 18:07

Well I think we will find out because I jsut sent the following message to him:

Ladies 2006 tournament

There has been some dialogue in the Forum about you winning the above tournament, in which I called you a jerk believing that you may actually be a man pretending to be a woman, if this is not true and you are female I do of course appologise. However if you are a man then I do of course think it's rather pathetic that you denied a female the chance to win this tournament not to mention cheating the sponsor out of what he paid to have. I have copied this message into the forum, feel free to comment, you will find it in the tournament section of the forum. If you are a transexual I also appologise.
  6. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 18:15
    Well I think we will find out because I jsut sent the following message to him:

Ladies 2006 tournament

There has been some dialogue in the Forum about you winning the above tournament, in which I called you a jerk believing that you may actually be a man pretending to be a woman, if this is not true and you are female I do of course appologise. Howev ...[text shortened]... will find it in the tournament section of the forum. If you are a transexual I also appologise.
    so does he still get his prize!??πŸ˜€
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by rmacken
    so does he still get his prize!??πŸ˜€
    Yeah because although at the time there was a lot of arguing (that's an understatement as I seem to remember skeeter and Xnathos were centre stage) Arrakis did not want to cancel the tournament so just hoped the women would win and/or that the guys would pull out (which some did before it started). But I seem to remember something about the wording on the teeshirt was changed to make it clear that it was won in a women's tournament?
  8. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 18:191 edit
    I don't think 'he' is I went through some of his posts and come accross this

"Sorry but I live on the opposite side of the island from my girlfriend and so sex is on my mind alot during the weekdays, when I can't get none."

Unless he is a she who is a lesbian of course, but in a a leter post I read a refernce to too much gay sex in a film so I gues ...[text shortened]... oks like he is just one of the jerks that entered and put a lot of the genuine females off
    Bummer. But I'll keep my word and send him an RHP t-shirt anyways. It will however have "LADIES 1st Place" embroidered on it. πŸ˜€

So you are saying I could start an invitational tournament and only invite players I knew were female? I could do that.
  9. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Nov '06 18:26
    Bummer. But I'll keep my word and send him an RHP t-shirt anyways. It will however have "LADIES 1st Place" embroidered on it. πŸ˜€

So you are saying I could start an invitational tournament and only invite players I knew were female? I could do that.
    It would help if players knew in advance that it was a genuine tournamnet for ladies, yes i know what can you do except call it that. But I remember messaging someone that had entered and it turned out that I had just played him otb in our local league (small world, as he used a different name here, but I am steve todd so he knew) and he explained he thought it was a joke!? How you get around that I don't know?
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 20:28

I would love to play in another ladies tournament so please invite me. I'm surprised about Hawiianhomegrown because he/she stated they were female to me in our games during the tournament!!

Lisa

P.s. Thank you for organising the last one.
  11. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 00:05
    Originally posted by bambee
    I would love to play in another ladies tournament so please invite me. I'm surprised about Hawiianhomegrown because he/she stated they were female to me in our games during the tournament!!

Lisa

P.s. Thank you for organising the last one.
    never know lisa he could be a lady boy!!
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 01:24

Other than getting everyone to send you proof of their identity not a lot can be done. Even then can you be sure the proof received relates to the person and not their sister, mother, girlfriend, aunt, pal etc etc.

You just have to rely on the honesty of the entrants πŸ™„πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ™„
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 17:27
    Originally posted by rmacken
    never know lisa he could be a lady boy!!
    Lol, then i'm sure the t-shirt will suit him!!
  14. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 16:38

Last I heard, Russ wasn't doing anymore invitationals. If I recall the feedback that other people got (yes this is thirdhand) correctly this is supposed to be a feature sometime in the future.
  15. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 17:581 edit
    Wow that's great so a female did win it, thought one of the 'jerks' would win the other one, great news that they did not.
    You genius obviously don't know that Hawaianhomegrown is NOT a female.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree