1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 May '07 15:50
    Originally posted by kingcolemk
    Not when they are currenty playing 666 games
    So time him out. Else stop whining about somebody playing within the rules.

D
  2. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '07 16:07
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    So time him out. Else stop whining about somebody playing within the rules.

D
    I am doing my damn best to do just that, but at one negative move a week, it becomes a chore rather than a pleasure.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    20 May '07 17:04
    Originally posted by D4V
    In this tournament http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=1393
    A single player DV4 in group 5 is slowing down the group only for break our balls. Its obvious he is going to lose the game with the top rated player 😉
    Do you see any reason for this behaviour?
    😲
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    20 May '07 17:05
    I am doing my damn best to do just that, but at one negative move a week, it becomes a chore rather than a pleasure.
    Welll if they have 666 games ongoing is it any wonder they move infrequently in your game?

🙄
  5. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 13:02
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Welll if they have 666 games ongoing is it any wonder they move infrequently in your game?

🙄
    But is considerate to your opponents to being playing so many games ?
  6. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 13:51
    This is a no-brainer. He is playing a lot of games, if you get the chance to time him out then do so. If such a chance never arises you, and everyone else, will just have to be patient.

In the mean time stop complaining.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 May '07 16:36
    Is it considerate to ask your opponents to play faster that the time controls allow?

Maybe you need to start some 1/0 games which will mean a move every day and as such probably faster games.

You are lucky it wasn't me you were playing. I'd make sure I used up my fully allowed time before each move.
  8. Joined
    27 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 16:02
    Seems to be a lot of people missing the point.... for their benefit, the point is not regarding the time controls, but the lack of "normal" play that can reasonably be expected of a sensible chess player ... not that i've checked the games of course but i like to help others understand the issue.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Jun '07 17:10
    Originally posted by tjmarti
    Seems to be a lot of people missing the point.... for their benefit, the point is not regarding the time controls, but the lack of "normal" play that can reasonably be expected of a sensible chess player
    What's abnormal about moving within pre-agreed time controls?

D
  10. Joined
    27 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 03:111 edit
    What's abnormal about moving within pre-agreed time controls?

D
    i think the issue raised is whether there is anything to stop a player deliberately being negative when in a winning position. Of course there is nothing in the rules of chess, but it doesnt make for a good tournament. If not, perhaps there should be.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 16:17
    i think the issue raised is whether there is anything to stop a player deliberately being negative when in a winning position. Of course there is nothing in the rules of chess, but it doesnt make for a good tournament. If not, perhaps there should be.
    What do you mean "being negative in a winning position"?

"not that i've checked the games of course but i like to help others understand the issue."
    You haven't looked at the games between kingcolem and galaxyshield, have you? There is a whole school of thought that would consider kingcolem to be at fault for not resigning in such a hopeless situation. How can you help others understand the issue, when you don't even know what the issue is?

He accuses galaxyshield of making "1 negative move per week", despite the fact that the TO for the game is 3 days, so GS has to move at least once every 3 days. I also don't see negativity in GS' moves, but I'm not going to go into that seeing as the game is still in progress.
    Game 3109646

This is a complete no brainer. If your opponent goes over the prearranged time, time him out. If not, your opponent may use his time anyway he sees fit.

D
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 17:58
    Have you ever thought that the winning player is thinking to himself why does this player not resign he can't win the game?

The fault lies with the player in the losing position not resigning, not the winning player deciding to play out an already won game.
  13. Joined
    27 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 02:231 edit
    What do you mean "being negative in a winning position"?

"not that i've checked the games of course but i like to help others understand the issue."
    You haven't looked at the games between kingcolem and galaxyshield, have you? There is a whole school of thought that would consider kingcolem to be at fault for not resigning in such a hopeless situatio time, time him out. If not, your opponent may use his time anyway he sees fit.

D
    Thanks. At least now the thrust of the original post seems to have been countered, which the earlier posts did not. No more posts necessary from me on this one!
  14. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 04:47
    This is hilarious: a player complaining his opponent isn't beating him quickly enough 😀.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree