Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 02 Feb '04 09:08
    How about a tournament for the most active players in the month? Top 100 eligible after the first week of the new month?
  2. Subscriber Croc
    Happy Snappies Clan!
    11 Feb '04 11:09
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
  3. Standard member Omnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    11 Feb '04 11:29
    I love the idea! It's sure to be the quickest tourney in RHP history!
    Ha ha!
  4. Standard member sunsetbeach
    Join our clan!
    12 Feb '04 11:00
    Originally posted by Pulsatilla
    How about a tournament for the most active players in the month? Top 100 eligible after the first week of the new month?
    i like the concept, nice idea pulsatilla - Especially, cos we wouldn't be waiting a week or two just for a move.
  5. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    03 Mar '04 03:45 / 1 edit
    make the timeout 0 days,
    and timebank 7 days

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. 03 Mar '04 11:53
    Originally posted by flexmore
    make the timeout 0 days,
    and timebank 7 days

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, it's M.A.P.'s we're talking about; timeout 30 minutes, timebank 1 day (gotta sleep too, I guess...)!

Oh, and an All vs. All tournament of course... to get into the spirit of it

-Jarno
  7. 04 Mar '04 04:36
    i move a lot...but im in school all day...i cant have a zero day timeout...but i love the idea...it would go so fast
  8. 05 Mar '04 10:12
    Originally posted by TDR1
    i move a lot...but im in school all day...i cant have a zero day timeout...but i love the idea...it would go so fast
    I am at school to
  9. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    05 Mar '04 12:33 / 1 edit
    what about a 12 hour timeout, plus timebank of course.

(is this possible to experiment with russ, or does the setup not allow that easily?)
  10. 05 Mar '04 22:13
    Originally posted by flexmore
    what about a 12 hour timeout, plus timebank of course.

(is this possible to experiment with russ, or does the setup not allow that easily?)
    personally, i like the idea of 7 day timebank, 0 day moves... all the games over in 14 days.

at one move each per day, that's 28 moves... plenty as most people beat me in far less than that!
  11. 06 Mar '04 16:46
    I like 16 hour timeout with 2 days timebank
  12. Standard member Cheshire Cat
    Sparky
    12 Mar '04 21:10
    I haven't been on the site as long as the top three MAP players but I think I'm probably the most active on the site right now. Anything less than 0 day timeout and a 7 day time bank is scary even to me. I would be up for it though.
  13. 16 Mar '04 12:43
    This AMAP tournament is a good idea. But even players like me who plays with a high frequency may go on vacation, or doesn't play every day of the week. So it seems to me a bad idea to impose a 0 day T/O. To me the fact that it's the most active players who are involved in this tournament is sufficient to insure a good play rate.
  14. 16 Mar '04 19:01
    But we had a tournament for active clan leaders and skeeter joined and would not leave.
    So you need a way to only let the top 100 most active players join else skeeter will cheat again.
  15. 16 Mar '04 20:23
    Mayby russ can make a filter???