1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    21 Jan '03 21:44
    There's a fair bit being said about making tournaments yet more interesting and making them so the lower ranked players get a bit more of a chance...well why not use what RHP has already got?

Namely, the ability to set up a board with pieces missing/additional pieces. So if two opponents have a rating difference of more than 150 say, the higher person starts without one of his/her knights. If the difference is 300 points the higher person starts without one of their rooks. If the difference is 500 or greater the higher rated person gives odds of a queen. Or if a whole piece isn't a good idea then perhaps allow the lower ranked person an extra rook in place of a bishop.

The games would all be unrated. Just an idea, might be a bit of fun.

Mark
  2. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 00:09
    Great Idea!
    T1000, so if you want to play me, get rid of your queen, rook, knight, and bishop so we would be on more even level!!!

Harri
  3. Steelers Country
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 00:171 edit
    Originally posted by T1000
    There's a fair bit being said about making tournaments yet more interesting and making them so the lower ranked players get a bit more of a chance...well why not use what RHP has already got?

Namely, the ability to set up a board with pie ...[text shortened]... would all be unrated. Just an idea, might be a bit of fun.

Mark
    Good idea, but if you played me I think all my pawns whould have to be Queens😀
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 00:18
    Originally posted by T1000

Namely, the ability to set up a board with pieces missing/additional pieces. So if two opponents have a rating difference of more than 150 say, the higher person star ...[text shortened]... ace of a bishop.

The games would all be unrated. Just an idea, might be a bit of fun.

Mark
    That's how my father used to play against me when I was a kid. He would start without a knight or a bishop. Until I got good enough to beat him even up (which still doesn't happen all that often). 🙁
  5. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 00:26
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    Good idea, but if you played me I think [b]all my pawns whould have to be Queens😀[/b]
    If you want, I will play against you without my queen, or actually I will let you take it freely, but the game must be unrated!

Harri / Luck
  6. Donationlegionnaire
    Free Thinker
    New York City
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 03:12
    Sounds like fun! I'd be interested in playing a few games like that.

-mike
  7. Steelers Country
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 05:56
    Originally posted by Luck
    If you want, I will play against you without my queen, or actually I will let you take it freely, but the game must be unrated!

Harri / Luck
    ok I'll play you
    (you still will probeby beat me)😳
    and all set pice games are unrated

-Adam🙂
  8. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    22 Jan '03 19:01
    Originally posted by UncleAdam
    ok I'll play you
    (you still will probeby beat me)😳
    and all set pice games are unrated

-Adam🙂
    I might survive this one!!! The game without my Queenie!!!

Harri

a.k.a. Luck😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree