1. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 21:20
    I've posted 'similar' in months gone by but 'tagged' onto other topics etc, but I think it needs pointing out again if only for site statistics on tournament winners. I posted this exact note, however, in the clan public forum recently... but since 'Beatlemania' was erroneously banned in march, and then promptly reinstated, nothing has been done after the site realised the mistake..evident on his bar graph for 23:02:2012 are some losses on time but the one thing that I'm surprised to still see is a tournament 'loss' that he actually won.

Here is the tournament, he won ALL his games yet this tournament is STILL awarded to the second placed player:
    Tournament 11685

To his credit, that second placed player, 'jmskms,' notified the site of this erroneous award and also created this thread.
    Thread 145858

Still nothing, we're now into the 6th month after the event. Something should be done !???
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 23:53
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I've posted 'similar' in months gone by but 'tagged' onto other topics etc, but I think it needs pointing out again if only for site statistics on tournament winners. I posted this exact note, however, in the clan public forum recently... but since 'Beatlemania' was erroneously banned in march, and then promptly reinstated, nothing has been done after th ...[text shortened]... othing, we're now into the 6th month after the event. Something should be done !???
    A MONTH after I sent feedback and 3weeks after the post here..I must be nuts as this is as plain a case of site ( admitted ) error that I've come across..
    Come on guys, you can't firstly admit to wrongly banning someone, and then not give them back the tournaments they plainly won...once again, at the bottom is the tournament that he won all his games in.. and also the initial 'wrongful ban' forum comments..complete with site owners words:

Thread 145813

Tournament 11685

And yes, I'm harping on..only as it's plainly wrong, SIX months after the event..
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 05:49
    Maybe they'll do something about it if we make enough noise. Surely it can't be all that difficult, since the site owners have agreed that it is plainly wrong, to change the name shown as the tourney winner.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Sep '12 21:461 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Maybe they'll do something about it if we make enough noise. Surely it can't be all that difficult, since the site owners have agreed that it is plainly wrong, to change the name shown as the tourney winner.
    I think I mentioned something about the fact that that tourney would 'right itself' ( and the tourney would be CORRECTLY awarded )..I assumed because it was Easter it would take a 'bit' longer than normal to be re awarded lol..you, of course, said it would NOT right itself and that it was a feedback issue...!
    Well, I've tried with this one..tried the feedback route, tried the threads etc..I'm just a bit surprised it's taken so long as it's plainly cut and dried..even Russ intervened personally when he got the ban...
    All this being said, have you ANY idea why there appears to be such an issue with correctly awarding this tournament...have I missed something here, SOME reason why it's taking all this time ??
    Edit: Perhaps your 'make enough noise' route is worth a shout...where next then 😀

Just for clarities sake here, I don't even know 'Beatlemania' ..I played a tourney against him once, I know we exchanged 'bonne chance'..but that was it !
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 01:331 edit
    Where a player is banned for cause after a tourney prize has been awarded, the tourney result still stands. I can understand that the admins don't want to have to re-process every tournament where that happens. But in this case the banning was an administrative error, which has been admitted by Russ, and it should be possible for Russ to amend the name shown as the tourney winner. Even the guy who's currently wearing the hat has asked for this to be done. I can't think of any good reason for it not to be done, but I'm no programmer.

I don't see that there is anything else we can do, except perhaps organise a "send feedback" campaign - which would probably get us both banned as troublemakers. 😕

Just a point: Russ doesn't read all the forums, and probably not this one. Since it's your thread, perhaps you should start a thread in another forum (maybe Site Ideas because we know he reads that one) with a link back to this one.
  6. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 04:52
    Feedback sent. Everyone who reads this please thumb Kewpie post. This will et it on the recommended list and will give it the attention it deserves. Lets try to right this wrong.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 23:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 23:19
    Where a player is banned for cause after a tourney prize has been awarded, the tourney result still stands. I can understand that the admins don't want to have to re-process every tournament where that happens. But in this case the banning was an administrative error, which has been admitted by Russ, and it should be possible for Russ to amend the name show ...[text shortened]... orum (maybe Site Ideas because we know he reads that one) with a link back to this one.
    Yes, I did think about 'site ideas'.. however, I dismissed it as one forum appears as unlikely to solve this an another when the site is fully aware they made an error of ways ( I've posted in a few now )...perhaps the above posters suggestion may help, even though I'm not convinced any longer by 'rec' posts, certainly the en masse feedback route is worth a stab...beyond that I'm just left to wonder why should all this be necessary lol....
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 13:081 edit

Just a point: Russ doesn't read all the forums, and probably not this one. Since it's your thread, perhaps you should start a thread in another forum (maybe Site Ideas because we know he reads that one) with a link back to this one.
    Ok, maybe we'll overwhelm them by driving them mad with this 'topic'...Site Ideas will be made 'aware' lol..
    Edit:
    Here it is:
    Thread 148546

We're going to drive them positively POTTY with all the carry on we're creating 😀
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 16:51
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Ok, maybe we'll overwhelm them by driving them mad with this 'topic'...Site Ideas will be made 'aware' lol..
    Edit:
    Here it is:
    Thread 148546

We're going to drive them positively POTTY with all the carry on we're creating 😀
    six weeks ago, time to renew the harping 😉
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 02:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 02:20
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    six weeks ago, time to renew the harping 😉
    Yep, I was trying to come up with some kind of 'SPECIAL ASSAULT' here, something new....still pondering that one...has anyone got any good ideas lol...

One thing is for sure....we aint disappearing, the thread is here to stay until something is done 😀
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 08:59
    Anything we can do to get attention is also likely to get us canned for trolling/spamming/flaming/whatever ....
  14. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 11:02
    Good point, but I can't see how any bootable offences apply if it's factual and 'worthy'....either the site tells us where we've gone wrong or we continue 'bringing it to their attention'...I am STILL of the opinion that it's a site error and that they 'could' right their wrong if someone was prepared to spend 2mins looking into it ( ok, let's say 3mins lol ).
    More than anything else, I've not had a SINGLE response to all the 'feedback sent'...I'm tempted to say it's downright shoddy !! Therefore it appears simple to me; if I'm completely off track then admin should send a PM and I'll continue no more..
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 13:14
    Has the guy himself done any feedback-sending? They'd be quite within their rights to ignore us third parties, but surely if beatlemania and jmskms both sent feedback something might happen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree