1. London
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 21:16
    Game 1453910

Quirine (or Otto as he prefers to be called 🙄) has beaten nicohuyboom, which makes him clear favourite at the moment. Dave is now out of it, and unless mistsplicer doesn't live up to any of our expectations it looks like it will be between him and Quirine for the win. Maybe someone with a bit more expertise can take a look at the remaining games (all involving mistsplicer) and give a judgement on what looks like happening.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 21:38
    I clearly will be losing this bet. I don't want to read all the pages again; so who gets a lot of recs from me?
  3. London
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 22:14
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I clearly will be losing this bet. I don't want to read all the pages again; so who gets a lot of recs from me?
    Well I put 5 recs on mistsplicer...so I think you owe me something 😕
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 22:31
    There you are.
  5. DonationQuirine
    Tovenaar
    Dieren
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 22:12
    Mistsplicer is resigning his games in this tourney (only 2 games against me left)
    If he does the same against me the tournament is ended...
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 02:251 edit
    Originally posted by Quirine
    Mistsplicer is resigning his games in this tourney (only 2 games against me left)
    why ?!

is mistsplicer running out of time?

is mistsplicer running away?

or were the games lost?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 13:00
    Originally posted by flexmore
    why ?!

is mistsplicer running out of time?

is mistsplicer running away?

or were the games lost?
    In his black game against me mistsplicer had a very good position. In the long run I wouldn't be able to stop all his pawns. Suddenly he blundered away his queen and resigned in 4 games, Tebb's and mine. He was not to move against Quirine, so not able to resign.
    That was a sad, and not necessary end of the tournament. It was still between mistsplicer and Quirine. I didn't play a role anymore.
    Now I regret that I didn't mail mistsplicer to restore the position until just before his mistake. But, on the other hand, it's all in the game.
    In a personal message I already said sorry to mistsplicer. This is not a nice way to win a game.
  8. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 16:14
    Originally posted by nicohuyboom
    In his black game against me mistsplicer had a very good position. In the long run I wouldn't be able to stop all his pawns. Suddenly he blundered away his queen and resigned in 4 games, Tebb's and mine. He was not to move against Quirine, so not able to resign.
    That was a sad, and not necessary end of the tournament. It was still between mistsplicer ...[text shortened]... In a personal message I already said sorry to mistsplicer. This is not a nice way to win a game.
    You failed me. 😉
  9. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 00:26
    Originally posted by nicohuyboom
    That was a sad, and not necessary end of the tournament. It was still between mistsplicer ...[text shortened]... In a personal message I already said sorry to mistsplicer. This is not a nice way to win a game.
    Game 1453917
  10. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 04:15
    Game 1453917
    hehe
  11. Behind you...
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 09:25
    Game 1453917
    I just realized that watching someone else blunder is sorta like watching one of your siblings being yelled at and/or spanked as a kid.... ya kinda just gotta hold in a chuckle.
  12. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 10:56
    in Game 1453911 it took you 2 days to make your 28th move ....

tell us truely ... how was mistsplicer doing .... 2 days for a move, you must have been very concerned !

how will you feel if mistsplicer enters the 2006 championship?
  13. DonationQuirine
    Tovenaar
    Dieren
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 22:46
    in Game 1453911 it took you 2 days to make your 28th move ....

tell us truely ... how was mistsplicer doing .... 2 days for a move, you must have been very concerned !

how will you feel if mistsplicer enters the 2006 championship?
    My games against him were about equal. The reason I didn't move fast on my 28th was this:
    -I knew he was probably gonna resign
    -so immediately there was danger for me to not take it serious anymore and to produce a bad move
    -I am very busy the last few weeks

And to answer the other question: I have no problem with him entering whatever tourney he likes, that's up to him/her. I would have preferred to play the games in a normal manner but no problem

Otto
  14. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 00:47
    Congrats! Otto.
  15. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 00:48
    I believe I won this bet girls... pay up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree