1. Joined
    23 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 12:04
    I'm playing against a player with over 300 games. Respect due! I have had a number of chances to claim the time-out but have not. Yet my opponent still moves after the time-out period. Do I take the skull or play at a time-out length which is not my pref. i.e 7 Days as opposed to the touni 3 days?
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 16:28
    Originally posted by Legend
    I'm playing against a player with over 300 games. Respect due! I have had a number of chances to claim the time-out but have not. Yet my opponent still moves after the time-out period. Do I take the skull or play at a time-out length which is not my pref. i.e 7 Days as opposed to the touni 3 days?
    Are they on holiday?

If not why are you asking as you state :-

(Prefer playing against subscribers!!! / Will take time-outs unless your on holiday!!!)

If they are on holiday why are they still moving?

If they are playing 300 + games and are unable to manage their time then they are playing too many games at once.

Only you can decide to skull or not skull -- look at what your opponent does? Do they take timeouts? If so and the shoe was on the other foot do you think they'd time you out?

Exactly.

🙂
  3. Joined
    23 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 17:14
    Thanks.

Your right. My oppo. has too many games going at once and his not on holiday.

Is the profile notice "fair" warning?

I'm yet to claim the skull as I always feel the win is unjustified, but on the other hand respect your oppo. in return with regards to the time settings for the tournament?
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:52
    Thanks.

Your right. My oppo. has too many games going at once and his not on holiday.

Is the profile notice "fair" warning?

I'm yet to claim the skull as I always feel the win is unjustified, but on the other hand respect your oppo. in return with regards to the time settings for the tournament?
    I say again

Look at what your opponent does? Do they take timeouts? If so and the shoe was on the other foot do you think they'd time you out?
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 14:531 edit
    look at the game - is it interesting?

is it a struggle to be enjoyed and remembered?

if it is then wait a day or week or month or a year or take it to your grave still in progress.

is it just an unspecial game dragging that you prefer not worry about?
    if you are lost: resign.
    if you are winning: take the skull.
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 19:59
    see this profile:
    User 34969
  7. Standard memberdeathwolf923410
    Nara Shikamaru
    Village of Konaha
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 22:51
    I think his "about me" pretty much sums it up 🙂
  8. Standard memberslappy115
    Slappy slap slap
    Under your bed...
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 20:54
    This is the way I've always dealt with timeouts.

Take the timeouts in tournaments even if they have a vacation flag up (because in two days, you will automatically win).

Take timeouts in clan games and seige games unless they have a vacation flag up with a return date.

All other games are what I call "friendly games" and I won't take a timeout unless they haven't moved in a month. Some people will take them, normally when they are losing. That one is your call.
  9. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    25 Nov '06 03:51
    Originally posted by zebano
    see this profile:
    User 34969
    curses it got changed... Anywhoo. See a skull, click a skull.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree