1. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 20:01
    You know, I was thinking of creating a Clan Leaders Only private tournament and I was wondering if there was any interest.

I'd create it either at the start of May or June, depending on my other tourney creation commitments.

With all due respect to one man clans, it would be restricted to leaders who run it as a proper clan rather than a one man fighting machine.

I'm open to suggestions on timeout and format. The majority vote gets it.

Unbanded, so we can be as inclusive as possible, but what I don't want is a load of people rated 1400 with one person rated 1800. It has to be at least a two horse race. It might mean most people don't stand a realistic chance of winning but the final will be interesting to watch.

Please post your interest and suggestions.
  2. Standard memberGreen Frog
    soccer player
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 20:07
    I might!!
  3. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 20:11
    You might? You will! Go on, you know you will 🙂
  4. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 20:49
    bring it on ;-)
  5. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 21:11
    You're a one man clan Pineapple.
  6. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 21:21
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    You're a one man clan Pineapple.
    Good point!

You should require a clan that's active...
  7. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 21:27
    Good point. Leaders of active clans only. Would be nice to see some scores settled over freshly spilled blood.

Perhaps a one man clan tourney can be arranged at some point. That would also be a very interesting match.
  8. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 23:151 edit
    Good point. Leaders of active clans only. Would be nice to see some scores settled over freshly spilled blood.

Perhaps a one man clan tourney can be arranged at some point. That would also be a very interesting match.
    I'd be interested...

...but perhaps if you made it banded, then you could include the 1 man clans this would be viable.

I was thinking:

0 - 1400
    1400 - 1800
    1800 +

3 tourneys would be acceptable - I'd be prepared to host one to get 3 off the ground....
    [edit] 3/7 or 3/14 would be my preference and duel, threesomes of quads... any thoughts?
  9. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 23:41
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I'd be interested...

...but perhaps if you made it banded, then you could include the 1 man clans this would be viable.

I was thinking:

0 - 1400
    1400 - 1800
    1800 +

3 tourneys would be acceptable - I'd be prepared to host one to get 3 off the ground....
    [edit] 3/7 or 3/14 would be my preference and duel, threesomes of quads... any thoughts?
    That's a nice suggestion Hinstein. Excellent clan by the way.

If we can get a few people willing to donate a tourney we could even narrow the bands down even more.

I would still like to see the mother of all unbanded clan leader clashes though, but there's no reason both can't be arranged if there's interest both ways.

The main reason I excluded one man clans is that any old muppet can create one and I wanted to see a battle between the real movers and shakers who may have only clashed by proxy. Also when I send challenges I definitely distinguish between one-man and multi-man challenges.

No disrespect intended to the one-mans: I just think they're a different kettle of fish.
  10. 100$ de l'heure.
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 00:47
    I'm in whenever you want! Personnaly, I like duels, banded or not!!

😏
  11. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 01:021 edit
    Originally posted by cubitus
    I'm in whenever you want! Personnaly, I like duels, banded or not!!

😏
    Cool, so that's the Frog, Hindstein, you and I. We could do a one round quartet already. I think a duel might prove to be popular, considering gameloads.

Keep it coming guys. If interest falls off we'll have the non sub scum taking the mick out of US.
  12. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 01:45
    I'd take part. I won't be able to play if it starts between the 17th-21st roughly. I'll be out of town.

Size and speed doesn't matter. I'll play any style.
  13. London
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 03:29
    You know, I was thinking of creating a Clan Leaders Only private tournament and I was wondering if there was any interest.

I'd create it either at the start of May or June, depending on my other tourney creation commitments.

With all due respect to one man clans, it would be restricted to leaders who run it as a proper clan rather than a one man fighti ...[text shortened]... ng but the final will be interesting to watch.

Please post your interest and suggestions.
    It's been done. Loads of subs started a clan just to get in the tourney and it turned into a bit of a farce if I remember rightly.

Ask skeeter for more details.
  14. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 04:02
    im in
    Lukerik says 😉
  15. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 04:41
    I stink but I'll play

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree