1. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 05:47
    Originally posted by Freddie2008
    It's been done. Loads of subs started a clan just to get in the tourney and it turned into a bit of a farce if I remember rightly.

Ask skeeter for more details.
    That's the benefit of private tournaments. Invite only.
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 09:031 edit
    count me in Lukerik !
  3. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 09:19
    Maybe you should ask Russ to open a new banded clan leader tournament in the normal circuit, it has been done. And with the 30 day interval, you wouldn't lose the oppurtunity to open an extra tourny yourself ..
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 11:26
    I don't mind using one of my tourneys. Gives me a chance to do something for people and I'd imagine a standard tourney could be entered by anyone, leader or not. (Well to be honest, as I get to name the tourney I'm basically getting the chance to write something on the winner's profile heh heh!)

No problem with those dates Galaxy as I won't be able to create until the start of May.

Are there any more 1800 rated chess freaks out there to match The Shield? Your site needs you!

The voting is leaning towards 3/something duel. I'd imagine small group sizes will be popular, what with gameloads and all.
  5. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 11:54
    There have been 3 clanleader tournaments, only available for leaders

check: http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=2629

But a private tournament is perhaps more interesting, since we can choose our own criteria, so go for it Lukerik and count me in of course 🙂
  6. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 12:07
    Im in aswell
  7. London
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 12:23
    I would be in also.
  8. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 13:08
    Originally posted by seti
    There have been 3 clanleader tournaments, only available for leaders

check: http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=2629

But a private tournament is perhaps more interesting, since we can choose our own criteria, so go for it Lukerik and count me in of course 🙂
    I didn't realise there's been one so recently. Those Korch/Tal games will be interesting to watch.

Am I right in thinking a couple of the participants aren't actually leaders? Perhaps they were at the time... we can avoid that possibility here though.

10 people on board now.
  9. 100$ de l'heure.
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 17:38
    Originally posted by Freddie2008
    It's been done. Loads of subs started a clan just to get in the tourney and it turned into a bit of a farce if I remember rightly.

Ask skeeter for more details.
    Yeah, but the way Lukerik want to do it will make all that impossible. It will be a private tourney, so he will give the password only to clan leaders that qualifies the tourney.

I think it's great idea, Luke! let's do it!!
  10. Standard memberMrbobs
    Wang Leader
    Tower of Wang
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 18:25
    Count me in.
  11. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 18:49
    Hmm, your clan is inactive...
  12. Blighty
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 23:04
    Count me in....

and I will check with Swiss Toni as he has a good solid Clan too!
  13. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 00:26
    Cool. I'll PM a few leaders myself.

If you get a message it's either because I love you or I just want to destroy you on the board 😉

I'm particularly interested in finding a match for the Shield. I know we have Smiffy and he IS a hard b'stard, but c'mon!
  14. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 01:23
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    Cool. I'll PM a few leaders myself.

If you get a message it's either because I love you or I just want to destroy you on the board 😉

I'm particularly interested in finding a match for the Shield. I know we have Smiffy and he IS a hard b'stard, but c'mon!
    You may want to invite someone like Ichibanov or Marinakatomb if you want to a match for me. They're both around my strength (Marina's better than me, though). They both run successful clans.

Of course, if you want to destroy me, you could invite ItsYouThatIAdore, 😛.
  15. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 02:35
    I've messaged them both. I don't want to see you destroyed (unless it's by me), and certainly not by HeWhomWeAdore (who was rude enough to beat me twice).

If he wants in he's more than welcome of course but we'll have to rack up a gear and find a match for him in that case.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree