1. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    03 May '06 19:50
    Originally posted by smiffy
    im in aswell include me
    One thing, I havn't asked any of those other people, they just seem to be the type that moves 24/7 and carries a huge game load. You could count me in though.

Note that there is a new Harcore Grand up for May (30 day timebank this time).
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 May '06 12:38
    Hi folks,

Given the nature of this tournament, is it quite valid to claim a time out win as soon as it's available? i,e. should i treat this like a game of timed over-the-board chess, where the opponent has used up their time and therefore lost the game?

Cheers,
    ScottieDawg
  3. London
    Moves
    15 May '06 15:26
    Originally posted by ScottieDawg
    Hi folks,

Given the nature of this tournament, is it quite valid to claim a time out win as soon as it's available? i,e. should i treat this like a game of timed over-the-board chess, where the opponent has used up their time and therefore lost the game?

Cheers,
    ScottieDawg
    You may treat it however you like, but bear in mind that tournament games will auto-timeout after 2 days.
  4. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    15 May '06 16:58
    Originally posted by ScottieDawg
    Hi folks,

Cheers,
    ScottieDawg
    There is nothing tastier than a skull ...

I hope he/she is rated really high and will get annoyed with him/herself for being so bloody stupid to enter a tournament with time controls the player in question can't handle !!!

TSP
  5. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 May '06 18:53
    Except for Tengu-Calmsea and Galaxy Shield-Ziggy, all games still going in this tourney could be skulled out. Galaxy Shield has 3 hours left (I'd be waking myself up at night to bang the clock...). Only Tengu and Calmsea seem to be using all their time carefully and in a balanced way.
  6. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    16 May '06 21:15
    Originally posted by GambitAccepted
    Except for Tengu-Calmsea and Galaxy Shield-Ziggy, all games still going in this tourney could be skulled out. Galaxy Shield has 3 hours left (I'd be waking myself up at night to bang the clock...). Only Tengu and Calmsea seem to be using all their time carefully and in a balanced way.
    LOL ... You're not serious about waking up at 3 tonight, are you?
  7. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 May '06 21:22
    I would if it meant not getting skulled out. I made round 2 a long time ago though....
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 May '06 16:57
    All reminaing games in round 1 are now skull-able.
  9. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    18 May '06 18:30
    All reminaing games in round 1 are now skull-able.
    Lets have a skull feast then, shall we?
  10. Joined
    20 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 May '06 22:35
    Pleased to announce its all over for me. 6 points and round 2 beckons. . My thanks to calmsea for 2 good games.

Also glad to see the birth of my son 3 weeks ago and massive sleep deprivation arent affecting my chess too much!!!

😀
  11. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 14:59
    Is it legal to PM people and tell them to take skulls? Or is that technically interfering with the game in progress?
  12. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    19 May '06 20:09
    Is it legal to PM people and tell them to take skulls? Or is that technically interfering with the game in progress?
    I'd go with the latter ... And if not illegal then most def. bad etiquette

TSP
  13. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    19 May '06 21:55
    Any outside assistance effecting the outcome of a game would be considered illegal. If they don't click the skull within two days they lose automatically, so that really shouldn't be to big of a problem (at least with this particular tournament).
  14. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    20 May '06 17:49
    Yeah, I was thinking about it and (especially in this tourney) it's like pointing out to someone that his opponent's flag is down. So it's not such a hot idea, very bad form.
  15. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    22 May '06 21:27
    To skull or not to skull ... All games have finished ... Let's see what round 2 brings us :-)

U ready ??????????????????

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree