1. Joined
    09 May '11
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 05:48
    I'm in a tournament with 1 day to move, no timebanks. If I go on a vacation, and I post the vacation marker, will the 1 day deadline be tolled until I return from the vacation? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 06:29
    Originally posted by hbrooks2011
    I'm in a tournament with 1 day to move, no timebanks. If I go on a vacation, and I post the vacation marker, will the 1 day deadline be tolled until I return from the vacation? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
    Click on "My Settings". Then go down to "My Vacation Settings" and click on that. Read the last two sentences on "Booking Vacation" --- just above the "Book" bar. This should answer your question. 🙂
  3. Joined
    09 May '11
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 10:14
    Thanks for responding. My question was poorly phrased. To put it differently, my question is this: if Itake a vacation, does it prevent being timed out when I'm playing a tournament game?
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 12:37
    Yes.But if the game has no timebank your skull will appear to your opponent as soon as your vacation marker goes off.
    Book extra day(s) and play your move BEFORE the vacation marker goes off and this will restore your 24 hr move period.
    If you are ever involved in games with a timebank period,bear in mind that the timebank depletes whether your vacation flag is on or not.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 23:31
    Originally posted by hbrooks2011
    Thanks for responding. My question was poorly phrased. To put it differently, my question is this: if Itake a vacation, does it prevent being timed out when I'm playing a tournament game?
    Yes, when you are on vacation you cannot be timed out.

However, time continues to elapse in all your games, meaning that you may find that you only have hours or minutes or even no time at all to move in a game, after your vacation period ends, before your opponent can take a timeout win.

I have skulled a returning vacationer, who was actually moving in his games, but had not yet moved in our game - he wasn't happy!
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 02:48
    Also be aware of what <local> time your vacation expires, I'm not sure if the skull pops up based on local/GMT/RHP time clock, maybe someone else can help.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 14:14
    In the British summer, I was on g.m.t plus one hour.
    One day I watched an opponents timebank depleting and the skull appeared as soon as it expired so I don't think the timezone matters , it just works on the hours and minutes shown on your screen.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 22:02
    Timezone matters for vacation settings. The best option is to work out what time midnight GMT is at your place, and book enough extra vacation days to allow you to move in ALL your games before the flag disappears. Timebanks will have decreased and may even have disappeared, the only thing that doesn't happen while the flag is up is the appearance of the skull.
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 22:18
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Timezone matters for vacation settings. The best option is to work out what time midnight GMT is at your place, and book enough extra vacation days to allow you to move in ALL your games before the flag disappears. Timebanks will have decreased and may even have disappeared, the only thing that doesn't happen while the flag is up is the appearance of the skull.
    Good point!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree