1. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '16 23:28
    I am in a duel tournament. I won the first game, the second game is down to me with a rook and my king, and my opponent with a rook, a bishop and a king. We have had these same pieces since the 85th move of the game. We are now on the 165th move. I have offered a draw at least 40 times but he refuses. If I cave and just resign then he advances without really earning it. The other option is to go on like this in perpetuity because I'm pretty confident that I can evade any attempt at mate, but this is getting pretty damned boring. Actually, it became pretty damned boring quite a while ago. Am I just being an ass? Should I just let him win and advance?
  2. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Apr '16 00:411 edit
    Invoke the 50-move rule. If you both have made 50 moves without moving any pawns or taking a piece, then the game is a draw.
  3. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    26 Apr '16 00:50
    Originally posted by jertamev
    Invoke the 50-move rule. If you both have made 50 moves without moving any pawns, then the game is a draw.
    Should not ask and should not give advice while a game is ongoing.
  4. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Apr '16 00:55
    Originally posted by Steve45
    Should not ask and should not give advice while a game is ongoing.
    True, but I meant to state the rules, not give advice. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree