Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 11 Jan '08 04:10
    I would like to drop out of a tournament (I am travelling, and with unreliable internet connections, can't take on more games, especially as this round is a group of 6 instead of 4). My understanding is that I can do so without my rating dropping. I haven't moved yet in this round. What do I need to do? Resign? Or wait to be timed out? Thanks for any help. John
  2. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    11 Jan '08 10:35
    resign all the games you recieved and you wont drop any score ok john....🙂
  3. 11 Jan '08 20:17
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    resign all the games you recieved and you wont drop any score ok john....🙂
    Is this answer really true? 😕
    Every tournament game is rated, and therefore affect the rating.

What I don't know if what happen if the game is timed out before the second move...?
  4. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    11 Jan '08 20:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Is this answer really true? 😕
    Every tournament game is rated, and therefore affect the rating.

What I don't know if what happen if the game is timed out before the second move...?
    2 moves have to be made for the games to be rated. It doesn't matter if the game ends in TO or resignation.

D
  5. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    11 Jan '08 22:31
    Yes it is true and as ragnorak has said above 2 moves need to be made 😉.hes a clan member aswell so i wouldnt tell him lies 🙂
  6. 12 Jan '08 07:43
    Many thanks all of you. I'll resign straight away, no point in keeping my opponents in suspense 🙂
  7. 12 Jan '08 09:27
    I looked up jl1000's profiles graph, and it seems that you are all right. No rating loss when resigned before the 2nd move. (How about W/L/D statistics?)

But in the tournament page I can read:
    "Tournament Entry
    Remember, all tournament games are rated and you will not be able to delete any tournament games."

It was from there I got the information.
  8. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    12 Jan '08 13:10
    yes the loss's go onto your statistics..........